Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any body out there whom could give some lessons on sweep picking. I've read all kinds of lessons awith no luck.
I know deep down in side I got it in me I just can't reach it yet. I got the idea of rolling your frettin hand and barely holding your pick it's my doing it fast and keeping it clean at the same time. When I play with dist. it sounds like shit. help.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Heres a few pointers. try palm muting while sweeping kinds of help take away the sustain on notes. Use ur neck pickup too it might help (if youre using a strat-like or any similar guitars). Also hold your pick perpendicular to your strings and dont dig your pick too into the strings. Just slightly use on the tip of the pick to sweep the strings. any1 else please correct me if im wrong. Thats the few methods i use to keep me in check of good sweeping

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Go back maybe 1 or 2 pages on the lessons and tab board. Redemption posted a great sweep picking lesson.

·
Airborne Warrior
699 Posts
dude how i sussed sweep picking out was to do a real simple arpeggio pattern and sit there like a billy no-mates and slowly go through the motion,
i am gonna be a bit crude here but use the same wrist action as if you were cracking one off seems too work.

here is a basic pattern i used to nail it

e---19-p-15------------------------15---
b-----------------17----------17-----------
g------------------------16------------------

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Help much appreciated thanks all. Maybe if somone could upload a badass soundclip it would help inspire me to try harder?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I realise the thread was started years ago but probably still of interest.. The Lick Library series has a good DVD tutorial on sweep picking..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts