Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY GUYS:thumb:, HERES A REAL FUN VERSION OF "SWEET CHILD OF MINE" A FRIEND AND I THRU DOWN WITH SOME TRIPPED OUT, PROGRAMMED DRUM BEATS, AND MAKING USE OF ONLY ONE VOCAL LINE THROUGHOUT THE SONG. ITS DEFINATELY NOT A TIGHT COVER, IT WAS UNREHEARSED, AND JUST A ONE TAKE. KINDA SOUNDED A LITTLE LIKE GREEN JELLO IN SPOTS. BUT I SAW THAT OTHER THREAD THAT GOT CLOSED DOWN AND THOUGHT THAT I'D POST MY RENDITION FOR LAUGHS. ENJOY

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
I like where you were going with it - it is a real fresh and original take on the song. Kinda sounds like an old school 'smiths' tune, with billy idol doing vocals!

I think if you redid the vocals, and stayed a little more in key and in rythm with the song, you could have something great. I realize that you probably did the vocals that way on purpose, but I think if you stayed just a little more true to the original song melody-wise with the vocals it would work alot better.

Also, bring them up in the mix a bit more.

Music wise, I dug the tune...it was fresh and fun to listen to.

amra

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
vash said:
...KINDA SOUNDED A LITTLE LIKE GREEN JELLO IN SPOTS. ...
I liked this version. I agree with amra that this could turn into a really cool interpretation with a bit more focused attention and development. Lots of potential for sure. i enjoyed it, as is though, but would be interested in hearing it molded/polished further. Some good leadwork in there too. Nice trippy wah effect. I like the break down in the middle. Great post guys. :rock:

Green Jello, eh? I haven't heard that name in quite a number of years. Refresh my memory on what some of their highlites were. If my memory serves me correctly, they did some sort of 3 LittlePigs tune. Is that accurate? What else did they do that I might remember? I just remember some video of theirs that was really cool.

peace dudes! :icon_cool

·
Musician
450 Posts
music was good. i wasnt too happy on the vocals though :D no offense.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys a bunch for taking the time to listen and post your comments. i appreciate the support as well as the advice.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Musician
450 Posts
vash, i would appreciate if you elft a comment in my comfortably numb topic. keep up the good work.

·
Lead Kazoo-ist
1,433 Posts
This was pure entertainment!!! One of the local radio stations changed formats recently from current and 90's rock to classic and hair metal. All an all I like just about everything, but there were already a ton of stations like that already, and now nobody around playing new stuff. So now it seems everytime I'm in between switching CD's I hear this original... VERY refreshing to hear another take on it... and it was damn cool too. Nice job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts