Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did this song once before, but wanted to try a different tone. Hope ya like it!

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Sling I like the tone of this. It is extremely mellow. Just so laid back. You rock, by the way, for picking tunes to cover that no one else does. I love your taste in music. This really is a pleasure to listen to. Nice! :thumbup:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Beautiful indeed Sllingy....I have always loved this song..Very relaxing,,exactly what i needed thank you for posting it...

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
I know this tune! Damn this is smooth!! I love this stuff!! Beautiful groove!
Fenderica did superb...Tammy on this would blow my mind!!! Great tone and playing Sling!! :)

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey!!! I love the comments, but I always worry about staying true to the song, you guys put my mind at ease!!!:bowdown: THANKS!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
great rendition sling shot :)
As for staying true to the song, hmm now thers a question ;)
you gotta put yer own style/feel on covers imo, if we wanted to hear the exact one then we might aswell play the original so its always nice to hear different takes on some classic songs.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
THANKS!!!!!!! I agree 100% , guess I mean't I don't want to change the feel of the song:)

SLoB said:
great rendition sling shot :)
As for staying true to the song, hmm now thers a question ;)
you gotta put yer own style/feel on covers imo, if we wanted to hear the exact one then we might aswell play the original so its always nice to hear different takes on some classic songs.

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Great take, I really like this. You have a very eclectic taste when picking out songs, it is always interesting to hear your posts, I look forward to more. :woot:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
great stuff SS. I never cared too much for the vocals on this song but I like it better with guitar. Classy.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks much,, appreciated!!!

Rythameen said:
Great take, I really like this. You have a very eclectic taste when picking out songs, it is always interesting to hear your posts, I look forward to more. :woot:

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks much! I'm always happy to hear someone else likes my song picks!

Goport said:
great stuff SS. I never cared too much for the vocals on this song but I like it better with guitar. Classy.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts