Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I run a program called Tabit (www.tabit.net) which i use to just to pretty much mess around on but keep compositions written down so i don't forget them.

I *hate* midi, really bad, and you can have soundfonts in Tabit by having them in your sound cards sountfont bank, and select the bank in Tabit. But i dont think my soundcard holds soundfonts since i can't find a bank for it (C-media)

I asked on the tabit forums (some help but thats all i got given) i got told to load my soundfonts in a synth player, then use midi YOKE to ave the outputs in a midi YOKE then the input into the Synth program.

I have no idea where to get a synth program, or what the best one is? Anyone care to help?
Also i wanna know for deffo that my soundcard can't hold soundfonts (all my coputer is saying it is called "C-Media Rear panel audio".

CHeers

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got synthfont, but i gotmy tabit running through sythm font thanks to midi yoke, but i don't know how to change the sondfonts. I am very very confused.

·
Registered
377 Posts
donno what is midi yoke, in synthfont you goto the tracks tab. right click on a track and then assign soundfont file to it. then browse to your soundfont file.

it is easy and synthfont is AWESOME. it is so cool when someone writes a good program and give it to you for free only asking for donation, it makes me want to send the guy money, since the program is kick butt. I love how it can even output wav files for each track seperatly nice!!!

FatesWebb

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Gibson76 said:
I got synthfont, but i gotmy tabit running through sythm font thanks to midi yoke
Cool idea, I wonder if this works with GuitarPro and PowerTab:scratch:

but i don't know how to change the sondfonts. I am very very confused.
This is explained in the tutorial Goport posted(thanx GP!)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
POD GOD said:
Cool idea, I wonder if this works with GuitarPro and PowerTab:scratch:

This is explained in the tutorial Goport posted(thanx GP!)
If you gointo the selection of wwhat midi device to use for Guitar pro and Power tab you should get it running through Synthfont.

BTW I can get soundfonts running on sythfont, easy. But i am talking about when you are playing it through tabit, and you can't change the soundfonts on what tabit is playing.:doh:

·
Registered
377 Posts
I believe you have to have a sblive soundcard to do that. however if you can save the file as midi, then go into synthfont you should be cool.

soundfonts are meant for sblive cards, however synthfont makes it possible for just about anyone to use them.

I even have a sblive card, and still use synthfont since it is easier and cool as hell.

FW

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I tried this with GuitarPro and PowerTab. It works, but only with GM soundfonts. Here's what I did...

-assign the output of GP/PT to Midi Yoke
-Open SynthFont, create a new midi and load your best GM soundfont
-Press the red input button to record midi from input.
-Press play on GP/PT and listen to it being played through SynthFont:thumb:

This kinda sucks cause you can't assign individual soundfonts(bass, drums, etc). SynthFont won't allow you to change the midi channel to a specific channel number to match up with the tab program. Hopefully that will change in future versions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts