Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a wierd problem going on with the SynthFont software. It has been working fine before but one fine day I open up to create a backing and its all screwed up. If I just play even the MIDI, the track seems to be running too fast or i should say probably skipping. Its like a scratched CD, probably worse. Can't identify any instrument well enough and its like totally out of sync.
This is by just playing a MIDI without applying any SoundFonts!! Any one has any clue, did I screw up some settings in SynthFont? I did uninstall SynthFont and installed back again but its the same problem..

Thanks

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Do you have the latest version? Go to synthfont.com to get the latest. This was a great piece of software when it first came out, but now they're adding all kinds of crap and the program doesn't run as smoothly as it used to. I've been having trouble myself and my last 10-12 backings, out of frustration, were actually made with Fruity Loops.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So do we expect to see frooty loops lessons on creating backing tracks sometime in future.;) I did download the latest version from SynthFont site but same result. Whats frustrating is I had just learnt how do these myself and actually had done just one so far, but then had gotten busy for few days. So after few days when I tried, it wouldn't work well. I have done some positive changes to my PC (added memory and hard disk) so i dont see any reason if that would impact it.
I may have messed up with some settings by mistake but then I uninstalled and installed back too just to make sure that was not the case..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts