Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello... I wanna show another original composition of mine. I think it's one of my best so far... I was inspired by Lifting Shadows &

Genesis. Lot of work went into songwriting, drums programming & production. I love how the drum sounds turn out. I was using

different drum patch than usual. This one sounds a bit like Phil Collins kit IMHO, especially the toms :) I also think my vibrato went a

bit better with this song :) (I'm talking about the guitar leads). I love how the delay rhythm gtr turned out as well.. this is my first time :)

I wanna hear what you guys think about the piano sounds... i think it's not too bad, since my only source is Korg Trinity.

Let me know what you guys think of it!

http://yudhi.gravy.friction.com.au/images/temp/synthz_revelation_192.mp3

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
excellent track m8 :thumb:
sounds epic!!

keyboards wer cool, the whole song was cool, excellent vibe from it, the only thing is maybe the snare drum is a little loud compared to the rest of the track
excellent production, very pro sounding.
main solo melody was cool too ;)
the song felt like a cool venture, reminiscant of some steve lukather/U2

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
I always like your stuff - this is no exception. The piano is really sweet and the bass and drums are solid and really cut through beautifully. the delay guitar is crying out for a gilmour comparison but its your own and probably a little more complex than a gilmour riff. The leads are nice (possibly a little too much distortion in places but that is just my preference). The writing here is exceptional and it could easily sit in a film soundtrack and the ending is really cool - it builds superbly. And then gilmour turns into the Edge :lol: Great stuff mate

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SLoB - Thank you man!!! Some people mentioned about the snare volume yeah... unfortunately i record the whole drums into a stereo track usually.. cause otherwise it's gonna take a lot more work to do the drums..It felt like a venture to me too.. different vibes here and there... thanks!

Goport - Thanks for your feedback man. Gilmour is Pink Floyd's guitarist right? (David Gilmour?)... to be honest i don't listen to PF, the delay gtr was inspired by Dream Theater :) I'm glad you like the dynamic of the song!LOL...! "Gilmour turns into theEdge"... Good one! :)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Top notch work, as usual! The clean delayed guitar definitely had a Pink Floyd/U2 vibe to me, that's a good thing, added some nice atmosphere.

Great job, keep 'em coming!
-dc

·
Registered
410 Posts
Great composition and production! The drums sounded like a real drummer, the keys and guitars are awesome, the production sounded like a pro. Superb job Synthz, you deserve all the praises you can get on this one. :thumb:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks very much DrCode! The ending delay gtr part really sounds like U2 hehehe.. I do listen to U2, but i don't listen to PF, so that must be a coincidence :) BTW, did you get a chance to touch the song that i sent you ages ago?

Gtrxtm - Thanks man!! :blush: I spent around 30 hours into it.. quite a hard work, really glad lots of people appreciate the production.

The Ulnarian - Hehehe... thank you!!! Genesis fan eh? :D For my guitar sounds, it's Korg Trinity routed into POD XT, simple setup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts