Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here are some stats to check out...I myself was shocked to see that Tallica seemed to have a much bigger audience and sold both shows out while VanHalen had empty seats and no sell outs... all you VH lovers dont hate me for postin this, I'm not tryin to degrade them, I was shocked and thought it was interesting information thats all

The following are a few select recent heavy metal/hard rock concert grosses, as reported by Billboard magazine:

Artist/Event: METALLICA, GODSMACK
Venue: Bell Centre
City/State: Montreal, Que.
Date: Oct. 3-4, 2004
Gross Sales: $2,457,793
Attendance: 40,277
Capacity: 40,277
Shows: 2
Sell-Outs: 2
Prices: $75.65, $62.98, $39.21
Promoter: Gillett Entertainment Group/House of Blues Canada

Artist/Event: VAN HALEN, SHINEDOWN
Venue: Staples Center
City/State: Los Angeles, Calif.
Date: Aug. 19-20, 2004
Gross Sales: $2,180,595
Attendance: 25,173
Capacity: 28,994
Sell-Outs: 0
Prices: $95, $60
Promoter: Goldenvoice/AEG Live/Nederlander

Artist/Event: VAN HALEN
Venue: Continental Airlines Arena
City/State: East Rutherford, N.J.
Date: June 22-23, 2004
Gross Sales: $1,982,420
Attendance: 24,241
Capacity: 28,643
Prices: $81.78
Promoter: AEG Live

Artist/Event: VAN HALEN
Venue: Worcester's Centrum Centre
City/State: Worcester, Mass.
Date: June 19-20, 2004
Gross Sales: $1,669,570
Attendance: 19,602
Capacity: 22,922
Prices: $85.17
Promoter: AEG Live

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Welcome back bro! Ya kill me anything to eat??? Not suprised that Metallica has the better numbers. They've been a relevant act over the last six years and VH hasn't. Plus you add that they're touring with Godsmack and VH has offered it's opening lineup to newer bands that need the recognition and that doesn't help sales much for them either. Both groups put on a great live show, so it's all good

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah they 2 Headliners in my opinion. Godsmack kicks ass. I have tickets to there Boston show on 10/24. I'll you what though thats the same night as game 2 of the World Series and if the Sox are in i'm selling my ticket!!!!

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This very intersting, thanks for posting those #'s Wiz, really don't surprise me too much, Tallica has always been an awesome live band, as is VH of course, Tallica has really been putting on some awesome shows, and really have been changing up the setlist everynight, plus the stage is in the round so there aren't really any bad seats.

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
WB Wiz...I'm kinda suprised cos I thought that Metallica had a dwindling audience after the last album and even more dwindle since the orchestra thing BUT when you look at it in the cold light of day, lots of VH fans are parents now and find less of an excuse to go. I know this cos it's the state of live music for 30-40 somethings over here. Interesting figures tho. I'd like to see what the likes of Linkin Park and Audioslave are pulling in?

·
Metal head
822 Posts
About Tallica and Quebec (Montreal and Quebec city). These guys are involved even in local, popular movements: the only real heavy metal radio station in Quebec City has been ordered to close its waves in 2005. There's a big movement here supporting the station, against the ban.
Well, Tallica was the only band to fully support the movement, by offering two concerts in the city.
First tickets selling got 14 000 tickets sold in 3 hours. Second concert was sold out in 10 hours i think...
They are revered here...

·
Banned
488 Posts
i'd never waste my money on a Craptallica concert.....because there flops and sellouts, and....kirk just blows. I would like to see Vh tho.

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
a rare occassion where i agree with eternal has arisen . metallica are the biggest waste of space in the music industry .. ok so maybe not the biggest waste of space .. but one of the biggest . i really truly despise metallica .. really really really passionately despise and hate them lol .. dont like hetfield dont like kirk dont like lars dont like any member past or present ... evh is by far the better player and vh are by far the cooler band .. and im not even a VH fan at all either .. i just think VH owns metallica ... stuff metallica . they can take their terrible shite music and shove it right up their gaping assholes .. gaping from all the homosexual "bonding" they do on the tour bus night after night .. filthy dumb bastards grrrr ... did i get my point across yet ? HAHAH ... i dont like metallica very much
. VH are way better .. and im not a VH fan
.. thats all from me
... for now mwuahahahaha *goes to bed after pills wear off*

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Damn Dan how do you really feel lol

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
You know what despise them or not they are selling the hell out of some tickets...and for a band to stay formed that long even with a couple of changing members and still be able to sellout that often really shows something about that band. Yeah so what they freaking slowed down some in their playing......oh god they aren't playing a million miles a minute. Kirk by far isn't the best guitar player in the world and yeah he must have a wah wah pedal permanently up his ASS. However no one can deny the fact that they were in influencial band and helped put Metal on the Map.......However as much of a fan as i am I would rather now listen to a good Vai song or Satch!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Tallica? I have never liked them. Strange enough I have seen them alot though. Especially the famous FAith No More Guns ans Roses mess in Germany.
I think the tunes are O.K. but I have never been a fan. Van Halen. Man in 1996 (Roth reunion) I was so excited I never let the wife up except to pee...!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sammy Hagar and Eddie do not mix well, and Metalica fans are a bit over the top, so I would not want to see either show. Old VH sauce is best for baking your brain.

------------
-Keith

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've been very lucky this year in that I got to see VH in the summer and I just saw Metallica last night in Albany, an amazing show, well both shows were amazing, but I also caught a guitar pick from Hammett, which made the concert that much better.

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Mr Crumb said:
I usually put tallica on my athlete's foot - it stops the burn and soothes at the same time..... wait a second... that's talc i'm thinking of... sorry!

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha fucking priceless man . i adore seeing each comment you make .. i look forward to the next one ahahaha

1 - 19 of 19 Posts