Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm becomming a gear whore! Ever since I got my 5150 II I've been searching for a quality processor that'll give me a good amount of effects to choose from, without all the amp modelling stuff. I've been reading up on the G-Major, and it seems like it's right up my alley. But I wanted to see if any of you guys had any experience with one of em. I've heard so many good things about them, and I'm very anxious to try one of these out.

With American Musical Supply's return policy, they give me 45 days to return an item, and that's usually more than enough time to tell if a unit is shit or not.

Anywho, any of you guys have thoughts on this product?

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm very anxious to try it out. I've been running the V-amp pro thru the loop, and it sounds very cool, but I'd like to use the tone of the 5150 more and add some effects when needed. Instead of buyin a shit load of stomp boxes, a unit like this seems to be exactly what I'm lookin for.

·
Registered
16 Posts
G-system!!

Hey guys, I've been a member for quite awhile. Sorry I've been quiet but I don't have much time to spend on the internet b/c I only use my computer at work. Sucka, you need to check out the new G-System from TC Electronics. Its coming out in June or July I think. From what I've seen, its a G-major in a pedalboard that has effects loops and a CHANNEL SWITCHER for your amp! I think it even has an intelligent harmonizer. Looks badass. I have a 5150 II also, love that amp! I'm planning on getting the G-System and running a wet-dry-wet stereo setup. Just to let you in on another kickass piece of gear, I have a palmer PGA-04 speaker simulator and it is awesome with the 5150 II. Right now I can get the same sound and feel of the amp through headphones without any sound coming out of the amp speakers!! I then run it into a Yamaha AW16G recorder/mixer where I add harmonizer and ping-pong delays. It absolutely NAILS the Unlawful sound up to the new stuff like Its About Time. I also use a Musicman Axis. Man, I get inspired every time I play through this set-up. I'm probably rambling too much, but I would definitely wait for the G-System. Check it out Sucka!

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the heads up bro! That set up you have sounds awesome. When can I come over and play?!?! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By the way, any word on what this product will cost?

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I sure as heck don't! LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.