Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
  • Hello guitar enthusiasts! We are pleased to announce an Ask Me Anything discussion thread with Dutch musician Arjen Lucassen. The AMA will be going live on Tuesday, August 10th, and will run until August 12th, and can be found here. Don't miss out!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post #25 from me is the promised second Whiplash Bash from Ted Nugent, recorded 20 years ago on 12/31/87 and broadcast live as it happened over 98.7 WLLZ -- "Detroit's Wheels!" (RIP) Now this one I played with: spent a few hours with a while ago, playing with the levels, EQ, and mostly the edits -- these Whiplash Bash "live as it happened" broadcasts were notorious for their horrible censoring as Ted has quite the potty mouth :lmao: Some edits of mine may be obvious, a lot are not. 1) I love listening to live shows like this first and foremost, 2) collecting them is quite the addiction, and 3) I have quite the passion for mastering/REmastering live bootlegs whether from cassette transfers, dvd transfers, or just cleaning up somebody else's work from an existing cd boot. This particular show I mastered from two 90 minute cassette tapes which, unfortunately, sounded different from one another :banghead: I did what I could with them, and I feel confident in saying that this is the best version of this show I have heard. If anyone else has any better, please share!

Ted Nugent Cobo Arena, Detroit, Mi. 12/31/87
Whiplash Bash #2
FM source cassettes mastered by myself
d1 9/10 sound d2 8/10sound 160 min.

Track listing:
disc 1
Intro Jam
Motor City Madhouse
Just What The Doctor Ordered
Free For All
Hey Baby
Gonzo
Yank Me Crank Me
Snakeskin Cowboys
Painkiller
Little Miss Dangerous
Stormtroopin'
Weekend Warriors
Skin Tight

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
disc 2
Where Have You Been All My Life
Good Friends And A Bottle Of Wine
She Drives Me Crazy
Spread Your Wings
New Years Countdown Jam
Stranglehold
Cat Scratch Fever
Wang Dang Sweet Poontang
Great White Buffalo
Journey To The Center Of The Mind
Baby Please Don't Go

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Unfortunately, this one doesn't sound as clean as I would like, but I worked with the best quality tapes I had come across (I think this was the third or fourth set I obtained over the years). There is a little treat for those from Detroit at the end of the second disc -- a little trip down memory lane to bring a smile to your face ;)

As always -- ENJOY!!

·
Registered
918 Posts
killer post- amazing setlist- 160 minutes of Rippin' guitar shred what the fuck more could ya ask for? Well other than jessica Alba parked on my face ... \m/

·
Registered
918 Posts
Track 14 Is I Think 'u Can't Live With 'em You Can't Kill 'em'

And Track 15 On Disc 1 Is 'the Harder They Come'

Sounds Killer- Thanks Again!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Woops! You're right; don't know why I forgot to list the last 2 songs on disc 1 :blush:

·
Registered
345 Posts
I was at this show - one of my first concerts. Passed out midway through and woke up in the concourse. Walked back in and caught the end of the show. Weird night. Now I can see what I missed! Thanks!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This was also MY first Whiplash Bash. Cobo was packed to the gills on that night :beerbang:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts