Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey first time here and i for the first time one a share site am acctually impressed with so much of the playing on here. Anyway, i have never played with anyone and noone has ever heard me play and i could really use some honest opinions of how i am doing, what i should focus on and ya know just general how it sounds kinda stuff. i have played for about 5 years but have only really started to learn anything about a year and a half ago. These little clips are crudely put together and the progressions and leads are both improvised. So i guess what i saying is let me have it. lol :scif890:

http://www.yoursite.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=13284.mp3

http://www.yoursite.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=13285.mp3

Attachments

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
hey there...first of all....welcome to the site...it's a great place to learn about guitars...all styles... :icon_cool

secondly...you may not believe it...but i'm pretty shy about my playing and vocals ( :sssh: )...but this site is an awesome outlet...it encourages everyone to share tips, tricks, and talent...

your playing sounds like it's coming along...i don't "get" jazz...but to me...your playing replicates the authentic tone of the genre...keep on posting... :thumb:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Jazz is simply beyond me - these tunes are good and imo you couldn't have chosen a more difficult music medium to play. Great stuff.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks

thanks for the welcome and for the ol pats on the back....if you have anything else please let me know...thanks again

·
Registered
264 Posts
I like Jazz, that was soothing. If you want my opinion, add an upright bass skip the drums, and add two trumpets for haromized counter melodiy duets, and add a voice like Lou Rawls.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol

thanks ...if i had a bass i would if i had some drums id skip them and if i played trumpet i would do a duet just for you....lol do you have any comments on the guitar playn? cause i really would appreciate any kind of comment i could really use it....thanks again for your reply.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i

really though i am glad for any and all replies ..im a very alone guitar player and have been for years so anything anyone has to offer is very well appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys

thanks guys ....yeah i do like fusion and want to move back into that. I llove the dixie dregs, allan holdsworth, jimmy herring and people like that and would love to do that kind of thing. I dont know now that i think about it i guess i havnt really played anything like that since i moved brecause i live in an apartment with a roomate and i can really turn up like i use to when i tried to play more jazz rock fusion stuff. lol but anyway yeah i do.... do you have any fusion bands that you can throw at me to check out?....thanks again for the replies guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts