Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about the Ibanez IC400 aka The Iceman? I have it, but im a little disappointed. I feel that I should have spent some extra money and got something better, but I dont know much about guitars. I just know how to play them.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for the late reply. I dont know why I was disapointed. I just was. I thought the pickups werent very good at first, but after a few months of playing it, I tried my old Fender Squire and the Icemans pickups sounded like Jesus himself compared to the Squire. Ive gotten use to my guitar and im happy with it now.

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
i hear ya mojo . when i first got my mexican fender strat i felt so let down . it felt like ass to play and the pickups did no justice to my tone at the time ... i sat down with it day after day with a screw driver or two and some allen keys and i twiddles my pedals until eventually i got what i have now . i mean sure it changes all the time . and eventually . EVENTUALLY ... i WILL put new pupps in it . but it sure as hell feels good on the old fingers now thats for sure . and thats the best place to start . pickups can be changed but if it feels weird to play then you gotta change the whole thing lol .

·
Registered
240 Posts
i only felt buyers remorse with 1 guitar... my BC Rich NJ Beast... pickups suck on it, neck sucks, body wood is super low quality mahogony, very brittle... but that doesn't matter cause some pos stole it... good thing he stole a crappy guitar and not one of my holy grail's lol... everything else i have or have ever owned i loved, i guess i've been lucky, love the hell out of my RR5, love the hell out of my new to me washburn EC-29(i didn't think i'd ever replace my RR5 as a main ax, but this one did), love the hell out of my RG 7 string, had to change the bridge pup in it to a dimarzio blaze custom, but it plays so damn great... love the hell out of my 84 yamaha SE300H with mighty mite maple 1 piece neck/rosewood fingerboard, love the hell out of my cheap ibanez acoustic, its probly the best 300 dollar acoustic/electric u could get imo... love the hell out of my neck thru RG, loved the hell out of the RG570 and RG470 i had(1990 model for the RG570FM, and 94 for the RG470BK, the last year the RG470 had the edge tremelo)... it was just that friggin bc rich... thats the only guitar i don't have anymore, i'm such a pack rat when it comes to gear lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
I bought a mexican Standard Strat a few years ago and loved it. I replaced the bridge pickup with a DiMarzio humbucker and then did a coil tap on it. It sounded great when I was using it as a humbucker and so-so as a single coil. It was my main guitar for a time, but the neck kept needing an adjustment, it seemed that every couple of months the thing would warp or something. It really pissed me off so I sold it :doh: (not sure that was the best idea because I really miss it now) and bought a American Wolfgang Special. I absolutely love the Wolfgang, but I still miss the Strat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts