Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the jam session, and I noticed that the people from Indiana were putting a Jam together. How about some of us Texans doing the same, possibly in the style of a famous Texas guitarist? Let me know if there are any volunteers, and please include suggestions for artist/ backing track.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think tennessee is in texas, but it could be a satellite country I suppose, and EJ, I know how you feel, I started a new job and I have been unable to play for quite a while too.

·
Registered
574 Posts
http://www.angelfire.com/tx6/texasrick/texasjam.html

There are jams set up for Texas, Indiana and Canada already. The link has all the info on Texas. If you want Indiana and Canada links I can get them.

They are like little woodstocks. Bring camping gear to stay in all the action or there are nearby motels. It's running April 23 - May 1. Yeah... a whole week of non-stop parteeeey jammmmm... and it's in Jacksboro. All the info in the link.

Hope to see all yall there!!

Janell

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks lace, I will try to make it at least one day, I am in Granbury.
Do you know who to get in toouch with about playing, or is it just one big jam, and what do I need to bring?

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Indiana Jam

Can you post the link to the indiana jam? That would be very cool.

Jeff

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hey Satch!!

They don't have a sign up page for the Indy jam as of yet, but I did find last years.

http://www.webspawner.com/users/paljam2004/index.html

All the information on this page is correct except for the dates. It's being held the last weekend in June this year. The directions are correct as Cindy is hosting it again this year.

There was a stage when I went and I don't suppose this year will be different. They do a really professional type set up with drums, amps, etc... The photo on that page shows us at the 2003 jam, Sunday Morning after all the partying... just sitting around in chairs, not messing with the stage... and just jamming together. I had a blast!

Anyway... I'll get with Cindy and make sure all the contact info is still correct and if/when they make the sign up page for 2005 I'll be sure to post that link for ya!! But just so you know... there is plenty of room to pitch a tent in her front yard. It looks like a campground when everyone is set up. And they bring in porta potties so we don't have to go in the woods... hahaha... They usually rent about ten in a row. It's a pretty big thing now. hahaha

Ok... laterz!!

Janell

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Thanks!!

Man that would be soooo cool!!! My playing should improve enough to go out and jam by June.

Wow, that is just awesome. Got an nice big tent and an air matress. I'm there!!!

Thanks for the updates!!!!

Jeff

·
Registered
574 Posts
The cool thing about these jams is.. you don't have to be a player. You can just come and party and take it all in.

Also... one thing I really like. If you are just learning guitar and whatnot there is always someone willing to go to a secluded part and just teach ya different stuff. I learned tons while there! There is usually someone on stage during the day, although people will get into little circles here and there and just play.

The jams are all set up like each other... tents... a stage of some kind with equipment available. You just need to bring what you think you might need for playing and living. Tents, grills, food, equipment... if you think you need something special for it... stuff... I don't know... I just have an acoustic...

Cheerssssss

Janell

1 - 10 of 10 Posts