Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
  • Hello guitar enthusiasts! We are pleased to announce an Ask Me Anything discussion thread with Dutch musician Arjen Lucassen. The AMA will be going live on Tuesday, August 10th, and will run until August 12th, and can be found here. Don't miss out!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THE BEATLES -
Empire Stadium, Vancouver, British Columbia
August 22, 1964

"Pacific National Exhibition"

Very Good to Excellent Radio Broadcast
and

Seattle Center Coliseum, Seattle, Washington
August 21st, 1964

Fair to Good Audience Reording

Notes: I hadn't posted these two shows yet, and for the Vancouver show alone this is a keeper, it's a great recording and a killer performance, the only drawback is they played a shortened set by dropping "I Want To Hold Your Hand." The Seattle show that took place the evening before is a very distant sounding recording with the vocals almost inaudible, but the music can be heard pretty good, and the audience is off it's rocker!!

August 22nd, 1964 - Empire Stadium, Vancouver, British Columbia:
01 Introduction
02 Twist And Shout
03 You Can't Do That
04 All My Loving
05 She Loves You
06 Things We Said Today
07 Roll Over Beethoven
08 Can't Buy Me Love
09 If I Fell
10 Boys
11 A Hard Day's Night
12 Long Tall Sally

August 21st, 1964 - Seattle Center Coliseum, Seattle, Washington:
13 Introduction
14 Twist And Shout
15 You Can't Do That
16 All My Loving
17 She Loves You
18 Things We Said Today
19 Roll Over Beethoven
20 Can't Buy Me Love
21 If I Fell
22 I Want To Hold Your Hand
23 Boys
24 A Hard Day's Night
25 Long Tall Sally

Vancouver Notes:
The Beatles' first Canadian concert took place in front of 20,261 fans at the Empire Stadium in Vancouver.
The show began at 8.15pm and The Beatles took to the stage at 9.25pm. The support acts were, in order of appearance, The Bill Black Combo, the Exciters, The Righteous Brothers and Jackie DeShannon.
The Beatles performed an 11-song set: Twist And Shout, You Can't Do That, All My Loving, She Loves You, Things We Said Today, Roll Over Beethoven, Can't Buy Me Love, If I Fell, Boys, A Hard Day's Night and Long Tall Sally.
The group's performance was broadcast live by local radio station CKNW. After their performance they ran from the stage to their waiting limousine and were driven from the stadium, accompanied by motorcycle outriders, less than a minute after they stopped playing.
The Beatles were taken straight to Vancouver International Airport, from where they flew straight to Los Angeles. They arrived in the city at 3.55am.

Seattle Notes:
The Beatles performed their usual 29-minute set in front of 14,720 fans at the Seattle Center Coliseum, Seattle, Washington.
Prior to the show they gave a press conference, and took to the stage at 9.25pm. During The Beatles' performance a girl who had managed to climb high above the stage fell and landed in front of Ringo's drum riser.
Security was tight, and police were joined by members of the US Navy in the audience, who volunteered to form a human barrier between the stage and the dressing room. After the show The Beatles were delayed for an hour after their Cadillac was damaged by fans, and they were forced to sneak away in an ambulance.
The group returned to Seattle on one other occasion, during their final tour on 25 August 1966.

The Beatles - 1964-08-22 Vancouver mp3 .rar - FileFactory

1 - 4 of 4 Posts