Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered his Big Sky album a couple of weeks ago and it has not left my player since. His phrasing and note choice is unbelievable. I took it into my local shop and my teacher took it home and transcribed the intro to The Undoing for me. Really cool stuff. He let me borrow Brett's work with Helmerich which I'm listening to now. His tone is unmistakeable.

He is my new favorite. I have not been this excited about a guitar player in awhile.

Anyone else into him?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I saw him when he was supporting Vai in sydney. I only saw his last 2 songs. For his last song he played a cover of 'have a cigar' and dedicated it to Monica Lewinsky.

·
Registered
425 Posts
That guy is a really good player. Have you checked out his website? There's several songs for download :thumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
He has got an amazing lyrical style - totally unique. And what he has done with slide playing is wild too! I never even owned a slide until I heard Brett play...

I've got the Big Sky album too, which is great, as well as an album from a drummer named Marc Norgaard called Tolerance that features Brett on guitar (also Frank Gambale on a few tracks) - that album is totally awesome. Anybody else have more recommendations?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.