Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to look at the tutorial that POD GOD made about making backing tracks... fired SynthFont, got a few soundfonts... WOW!!! my midi tracks sprung to life!

Thank you soooo much, Pod God!!!

and as I was just messing with this great track from when I was a kid... here is my first home-made decent backing track (credit due to whoever made the great midi file).

Enjoy!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Vyse said:
i cant get midis to play in sound font for some reason

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming you use SynthFont (if not, do get it and try it, it's really easy to use) make sure you specify some generic soundfont file to load by default, otherwise nothing will play.
I downloaded PodGod's tutorial, which comes in a zip file with SynthFont and some good links, and everything was clear there. I downloaded a generic soundfont that was designed as a direct substitute for the general midi sounds, and have that as default. That way I can load any midi file and it will play. Then I search for other specific soundfonts (bass, or drumkits, etc) and substitute in the right tracks as required. But definitely use a generic soundfont first if you want to be able to listen to the midi within SynthFont (follow PodGod's tutorial, basically).

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[ QUOTE ]
POD GOD said:
Great job!!!! Thanx for sharing

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks to you for enlightening me about the use of soundfonts!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.