Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my first home produced original song with vox :D The singing is rough because I have a cold at the moment. I am going to redo them when I recover.

for the record this song is NOT autobiographical and I have never work in an abbatoir :lol:

Comments and criticisms most welcome :thumb:

http://www.guitars101.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=10386.mp3

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the heads up Rid - it should work now :D

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
OMG!!!!!...This was awsome Porty!!!!....I so love this tune!!!...Imma keep this one for sure....great lyrics.....Love the sound effects..hehehe....Man this reminds me of oasis meets the beatles for a jam!!....Great just fkin great stuff hun!!!:bowdown: :bowdown: :icon_peac

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks rain :D. I am glad you like it. I am proud of this one.

I had the tune in my head for a while and didn't know what to do with it. The trouble was I kept thinking of a horn arrangement but since I don't have a decent midi capability I decided to do the horns on guitar.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Carlos :)

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oi!!! ... ooh :lol: cheers Rick. It is a bit of a change I guess :D

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks linda. I still have to redo the vox but I think it came out better than I expected. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Man....this is just too cool, bro!!!!!:bowdown: Simply awesome!!!:icon_thum I can hear a few other influences also....Ray Davies, Lou Reed, Brian May(guitar) and there's a couple parts that remind me of Cream's "Pressed Rat And Warthog". Exlnt comp ...I love it!!!!:woot:

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
gr8 comp, awesome sound.:jam:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks guys. so many kind words

sdstd, an abatoir is a slaughterouse. :eek: Thanks for the comments. I am pleased you picked up on the ray davis thing, I kind of had him in mind when I did the vocals. it is a kind of bittersweet black comedy.

Mickey -many thanks mate. I don't think I sound particularly bluesy but I'll go with it :D

Mike4Beta - Thanks dude, glad you enjoyed it. :)

Flair - thanks chap. And btw after a load of false starts your CD's are finally being posted today by my wife. She has no excuse this time, she has just left with them and all she needs to do is put them in a jiffy bag she works right next to the post office :). I really am sorry for the delay mate. I don't know how long they will take to get through but if there are any problems once they arrive pm me and I will do what I can to help

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was totally awesome Goport, just a killa job dude!!:icon_thum :icon_thum

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I liked the double-tracked vocals and sound effects!! There's a retro feel to this without sounding too much like any particular band; I hear elements of Bowie, Syd Barrett-era PF, etc. Really cool tune and nice overall production work!

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Man that made my day:bowdown::icon_thum
I had some fits of laughter over the lyrics...guess it is my Danish dark humour??
hehe
Great piece...this place just provides everything!!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.