Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This song rocks - found a decent tone and couldn't resist givin' it a shot. The solo's not exactly note-for-note; just flyin' by the seat o' my pants. Also, didn't finish the vocals after the guitar solo. Perhaps another day.

This is now remixed and extra vocals have been added. I think it's an improvement, but who knows, you know??

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
great tune...ian astbury was from my hometown...hamilton,ontario
do you sing and play on this track?...great work... :icon_peac

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the the comments. The drums were from a midi file and I played the rest on guitar and bass. I did the vocals too but it's late at night and I couldn't get too aggressive with it.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Zeppy and GW. This mix was pretty quick. I may go back and redo the vocals and mix, but I'd also be willing turn into a backing track for a more capable singer if anyone was interested.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Excellent choice and great playing and singing mate. :thumb: !!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Y'all are awfully kind about my singing. I usually record late at night when the wife is asleep. I can control guitar volume, but my voice seems to carry and often wakes her up - so it's not a happy situation. I'll figure out another time to sing and try it again; this one's in my range and I think I can do a better job.

BTW, Rain, I hope you didn't mix up the Cult with the Cure. Both bands are really, really good, but each has their own style and sound.

The Cult album this song was off of is called Electric. It was produced by Rick Rubin (known for his work with the Beastie Boys, Masters of Reality, System of a Down, etc.). This particular album always struck me as what it might sound like if Jim Morrison sang for AC/DC. It's actually a good combination of styles!

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
LMAO!!!...That was a bigg typo on my part..lol...Yes i know the diff between em...sorry for the mix up..:blush:
ksdb said:
Y'all are awfully kind about my singing. I usually record late at night when the wife is asleep. I can control guitar volume, but my voice seems to carry and often wakes her up - so it's not a happy situation. I'll figure out another time to sing and try it again; this one's in my range and I think I can do a better job.

BTW, Rain, I hope you didn't mix up the Cult with the Cure. Both bands are really, really good, but each has their own style and sound.

The Cult album this song was off of is called Electric. It was produced by Rick Rubin (known for his work with the Beastie Boys, Masters of Reality, System of a Down, etc.). This particular album always struck me as what it might sound like if Jim Morrison sang for AC/DC. It's actually a good combination of styles!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.