Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just goofing around with the lone acoustic again :D my fav song by the cure. :rock: :jam: just an acoustic instrumental of the song.
this one is a tad challenging. there are like 4 different guitar parts. :icon_eek: rythm, melody line, solo, and 2 harmony lines panned one on each side.
great song though... enjoy.

FridayAcoustic

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man. glad you like it. :icon_thum

·
Registered
200 Posts
I like this very much as I liked your other Cure-tune.
Mixing so many acoustic guitars is a bit of a problem, they tend to eat each other. It was very difficult to hear the guitar that was playing the melody. You could maybe try to turn a bit down some eq segments from each guitar, so that all guitars have their own frequency areas.

I hope you get the meaning, I seem to run out of words trying to explain this in English. Believe me, I would explain this really fluidly in Finnish - too bad you wouldn't understand a word. ;-)

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Great job, Matt. I like a handfull of tunes by the Cure, this being one of my favorites. You really nailed it. :bowdown:

Maybe do another run at this, removing the guitar part doing the melody line and replacing it with vocals. I am sure you can find someone here willing to sing for you.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hey Matt, how do manage to get the excellent audio/recording quality in your tunes, man? This is superb!:rock:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks stingx and robert. sting, yeah i thought about that...might post in the singer section. robert, its the pickup in the alvarez that gives the good sound quality....the thing amazes me sometimes. :)

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Matt you have been posting so many great tunes hun!...I so love this song and you did it so amazing!:bowdown:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts