Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this pci card, and im having nothing but trouble with it. I contacted the manufacturer and havent heard from them yet. The manual is a bit rediculous but i followed it step by step and im having no luck recording with it. Anyone else using this card? HELP ME

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
http://www.cakewalk.com/forum/tm.asp?m=236334

It's a brand new card, check the website and see if there are new drivers to install. If you still are having problems return it and get the m-audio audiophile 2496 for a few dollars more. I am surprised you are having problems though, the emu is a hot seller and all the forums for home recording I belong to give it very good reviews.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I got one and could never get it to work. I tried contacting them, but they never got back to me. It says on the box that it is certified for xp, but when you try to install it, it kicks it out. I tried downloading new drivers and everything, still no luck. Buyers beware..
I went back to my soundblaster live, but will be upgrading soon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stingx, thx for the link to that forum, i tried something suggested there and it worked! In mono... So i just got back from radio shack, had to buy 2 sets of dual 1/4 inch adapters so i can record in stereo and playback in stereo. I was looking forward to finally getting something done, and alas it does not work again. Patchmix is telling me its reading in stereo, both L and R channels are recieving signals but im only getting sound from the left channel. Then i noticed its trying to force a stereo signal through the left channel only... this card is making me crazy. I just want to plug my guitar into my comp so i can record some mp3s and maybe even create a demo of my own. But nooooo.... i guess im giving this card a bad review, customer support has been no help, they think the card is defective. Thought everyone should know, beware this card.

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Just so you know, you want to record guitar and vocals in mono, you can always use a plugin to separate or just copy+paste to another track and "flip" the image...viola STEREO!

Glad you got it to work dude, nothing sucks more than having to fart around with hardware and drivers. The E-mu does get good reviews, esp. concerning its built in DSP. I cannot wait to hear your tracks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts