Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Christmas Catalog for Musicians Friend states that 5150 amps are limited quantities!!! We can stop dreaming that wolfgangs will go but 5150's will stay......here comes the JSX!!!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Bummer, but I think that the JSX might be a more versatile amp anyway.

Does anyone here have a JSX?

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i want to go buy one but i hate an amp ya cant carry yourself...the JSX combo to be released an winter NAMM...Joe Guitar Tech Mike told me about the prototype and he said it kicked ass at 100 watts....ya probably wont be able to purchase until late spring

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
axeshredder said:
i want to go buy one but i hate an amp ya cant carry yourself...the JSX combo to be released an winter NAMM...Joe Guitar Tech Mike told me about the prototype and he said it kicked ass at 100 watts....ya probably wont be able to purchase until late spring

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw a pic of the JSX in GW and it does look like a bad ass mofo. If one of you guys end up purchasing one, I'd really love to hear what you think of it.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
That's just killer. I saw the noise gate switch on there and just smiled with glee. It looks like they did a great job of creating a kick ass amp.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
SuckaIn3Piece said:
That's just killer. I saw the noise gate switch on there and just smiled with glee. It looks like they did a great job of creating a kick ass amp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever seen that video of Joe demonstrating it at NAMM?

Really cool!

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
No I haven't seen that one guys, but he did perform live on 93.3 WMMR about two or three months ago, and he must have been playing thru one of these babies. His tone was ungodly. I've never heard him sound so raw before, and it was just fuckin killer. He ripped from the first note to the end of the song.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Re: JSX Jan \'04 Namm

You know when you get kind of complacent about an artist and then you see him play ... Suddenly it is just as exciting as the first time you heard them. That is what this clip did for me. Many thanks Axe.

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: JSX Jan \'04 Namm

[ QUOTE ]
Goport said:
You know when you get kind of complacent about an artist and then you see him play ... Suddenly it is just as exciting as the first time you heard them. That is what this clip did for me. Many thanks Axe.

[/ QUOTE ] Thats great Go...i know what ya mean! Glad i was able to find this..enjoy it everyone......great vid if you want to learn any of those songs

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
JSX Ebay win

yeah..i just won a brand new JSX on ebay...for $856 and i find out its posted from a local music store.....im going to go there and bargain with them to see how low they go...then ill tell them i won and am picking up.....i will be able to tell how much of a deal i really got!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Re: JSX Ebay win

That sounds like a hell of a deal....I have heard of some people quoting $999 and MF wants $1200.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Re: JSX Ebay win

nice one axe! I am in the process of getting some more satch backers. keep your eyes peeled on the unlimited forum

·
Registered
23 Posts
I understand the jsx it's like a modified triplex, is that right??
I have no chance to try this amp, but there is one thing that bothers me, is that I allways loved satch tone, bought lots of gear trying to get there, but the old satch tone.
I don't know if it's me or I'm crazy but the tone is different now, actullay I went to G3 last week, and find that out, but you can here it in live dvd of g3 too.
Don't get me wrong, still has a great tone, but I like it more the old one, I hope he is not doing this for money or some endorsement deal.
Anyway looks like an amazing amp, maybe more in the dual rectifier zone??

G

·
I dunno, i tried it out and thought it was ok. If you like the XXX, youll like it. It definitely cant do what a 5150 can. The clean is really good on thie jsx, but the distortion could use more edge i think. Anyway that is just my personal taste, and the 5150 sound is kind of a love or hate tone...

·
Registered
500 Posts
:scratch: yeah I've kinda noticed that, too, about the 5150's sound. It seems like either everybody hates it or everybody loves it, depending on who you talk to.
I'd like to get a Triple X and a JSX, but don't have the money right now.
"It will be mine. Oh yes, It will be mine-a certain person of movie fame.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts