Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a mid 80's track that had Paul Rogers on vocals and Jimmy Page on guitar. Decided to do this one. Enjoy all. I only did the vocals on this. rest is backing track. so dont go thinkin' I did the guitars and all,, because I didnt. I was in a singing mood today.:icon_thum
SG With vocals.mp3 (5.91 MB)

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Your singing on this is really good, bro. I didn't know you could sing so well. I am truely impressed! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
47 Posts
rockin' cover dude! ur voice is really cool and ur guitar playing rocks.. btw i listened to ur recording of the wonderful song "sun and steel" this morning as promised :), AWSOME!

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was great Scott, awesome job bro!! :thumb: :thumb:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Man great damn song!!!!!!...Scott your vocals sound great hun!!!!...Keep em coming!!!:thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
WOW SCOTT!!!.......... Great i loved it :icon_thum :sap: i think song was orig wrote in the late seventies for zepp it never saw the light of day with zepp, only on bootlegs which was a shame........ you did a great job scott

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
Wow almost missed this one , fantastic rendition , This is a classic tune overlooked by all the world but you . great backing track i can hear you having a go at mr rogers and your not that far away ! thanks dude this made me dig out my old Firm album again .......:icon_thum

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bluesplayer said:
Wow almost missed this one , fantastic rendition , This is a classic tune overlooked by all the world but you . great backing track i can hear you having a go at mr rogers and your not that far away ! thanks dude this made me dig out my old Firm album again .......:icon_thum
Thanks alot for checkin this out Art. You're right about this band beeing overlooked. I remember when their album came out,, and this song and "All The King's Horses" was great too. I know that "Radioactive" was a hit,, but to me,, those 2 tunes stuck out more so to me. Thanks again for listening:icon_thum

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Hi there Scott. This is a great effort. Like I said to you, you seem to get off to a nervous start, and then you get into it and relax and it get;s better and better as the song progresses.

The advice from Goport was to cut the vocals into sections, and don't try to sing it once all the way through.

Got to keep remembering the breathing as well.

Singing ain't nearly as easy as it seems.

You do real good though bro. You'll get more confident as more are posted. Your voice is just another instrument mate, gets better the more you use it !

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks alot mondola for your input. i need input like this so i can definitely try to get better for sure thanks alot bro:thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts