The Guess Who-1971-08-14-Mobile, Alabama

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  dustyroad 
#1 ·
THE GUESS WHO
Mobile, Alabama
August 14, 1971

Received in trade a few years ago
CDR > EAC > FLAC

Continuing the great run of recent Guess Who torrents, here is one that doesn't seem to have been uploaded here before. This a pretty good audience recording for 1971, as good as some of the recent archival Guess Who shows uploaded here, and better than some. This is particularly special to me, as it includes a couple of tracks from "So Long Bannatyne," my favorite Guess Who LP.

There are some rough cuts in this recording which seem to be the original taper turning his machine on and off. The very beginnings of tracks 5 and 13 are cut off, and there may be something missing between tracks 10 and 11, where #10 cuts off and then #11 fades back in. At one point this recording must have been on a cheap or reused cassette, for at a couple of points between songs you can hear faint traces of something else.

However, none of this is enough to spoil this great performance, which is the longest Guess Who show I have come across. Enjoy!

01 Undun
02 Albert Flasher
03 No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature
04 Coming Down off the Money Bag/Song of the Dog/Humpty's Blues
05 Hang On To Your Life
06 So Long, Bannatyne
07 These Eyes
08 Rain Dance
09 Hand Me Down World
10 American Woman >
11 Jam
12 A Thousand Stars/Come On/American Woman reprise
13 Share The Land
14 No Time

Enjoy this show and spread it freely, but please do not convert to lossy formats except for personal use.

dalmar6677-1971-08-14-The Guess Who-Mobile, Alabama.rar - FileFactory

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.