Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...

one of the greatest things i always enjoy is Jams with guys from all over the globe that i may not ever meet, cyber projects that miraclously combines our music and composing and inspirations in such an unique and unforgettable experience...

i always loved those projects and see the beauty of it and i bet most of you do so as well...

so what i was thinking is those sculptures should be collected in a section of their own,
like we create a "Hall of Fame" section, which includes all the jams we create over time in Guitars101.com , we put mp3s of the jams, including some words of how this jam appeared (like september jam for instance), and a sketch for the contributors and slots (like slot 1 , by "player", 1:00 - 1:42sec, ...etc.) , and a very brief text by every player.
plus a logo for each jam.

i'm telling you guys, it'll be such an awesome souveniere to remember...

so by this, i go to admins out there, who happen to be very outstandind and cooperative fellas; guys, what do you think?
shouldn't we do this...?

let's collect all our Jam-Marbles into one bowel, and show everyone the talents we have here in G101.com!

Thanx in advance

-Luay

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
sounds like a cool idea luay bro ... hope eric checks this out

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
great replies guys! keep'em commin'!

i think i will post to eric , wahwah , VHfan...etc. to check it out..
but for the now let's get more responses from you, and see what additional ideas you might add to this...
a "hall of fame" section is definately a cool thing to do, ay?
not a forum, but a "section" where we can put it all there...to surf & download!

-Luay

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I don't want to start any voting or polls of any type in the Jam Room. It would diminish what the room is all about. We have a monthly contest for that if you want to enter something with a poll.

The other ideas of putting all the jams in one subforum might not be a bad one...makes them easier to find.

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
Hmm.. I'll have to think about this one. One drawback I can see is that it would require another section and we have too many as it is.

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
Eric h ow bout maybe making a sticky thread here and only allowing Mod's or Admin to post in it and they will put up the jam songs as they feel the community wants...........in the hall of fame

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks everyone for suggestions n back up...

yeah...i said nothin' about voting or anything...
i'm only concered with gathering all the Jams into one Grand Section (at least for now).
and we can evolve later...

putting a sticky is not as thrilling as putting a up a whole new separate section of its own, but if that's the only solution then of course let it be...

but as i said, it'll be more fancy with logos and brief comments about each jam , from each contributor...etc.
i know you all agree with this...

hopefully it can be done...

well..i don't check the sports area that much...why not keep that for sports101.com

thanks guys!

anymore suggestions? new ideas? responses?
eric, wahwah, VHfan ?

like what axeshred. said up here :"to further advance the ground breaking ideas this site has to offer "...
absoloutly...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so, we have Dannyboy - Mike4beka - Rilecomm - Micky g - axeshredder -rockonthis- vintage brat - zeppy -eric -wahwah - VHfan .
come on...if you think it's a good idea guys let's see it in action..please?
will this be taken into consideration...?
will the "hall of fame" jam section see the light sometime soon?

the talents around here deserve to be collected rather than spread in different threads all over...

thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
I think it is a great Idea as well....not sure I would want to get rid of the Sports section for it but hopefully there can be some way to work around this idea.......might take some hefty MOD work though LOL

1 - 20 of 31 Posts