Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
12 string, vocals, and, ...You guessed it...violins, cello,
here ya go.
The one I'm doing now in 5/4 timing, is hard because I never did any guitar work except the rhythm picking, which is almost enough. ..
I'm going to give my rough draft to my drummer, then record real drums and rythms. I will post stereo drums, rythm, and whatever i might come up with till then, in .WAV 16 bit 44.1 with start times to the 1/1000th second, in hopes that someone might grab them, sync them up, and add to it. just under 3 minutes now.
The Key is a waltz.
http://www.missinglenk.com/bones/THEKEY.mp3

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
bones_19l said:
12 string, vocals, and, ...You guessed it...violins, cello,
here ya go.
The one I'm doing now in 5/4 timing, is hard because I never did any guitar work except the rhythm picking, which is almost enough. ..
I'm going to give my rough draft to my drummer, then record real drums and rythms. I will post stereo drums, rythm, and whatever i might come up with till then, in .WAV 16 bit 44.1 with start times to the 1/1000th second, in hopes that someone might grab them, sync them up, and add to it. just under 3 minutes now.
The Key is a waltz.
http://www.missinglenk.com/bones/THEKEY.mp3
It is a nice song, but it doesn't sound like a waltz. It doesn't even feel like 3/4, it defenately feels like standard 4/4. It also accents every other beat, a waltz should only accent beat 1. If I try to put 3 beats between accents I have to delay one or I am not going with the strumming and it feels like triplets.

Gotta say, 4/4 is what we are all used to. Breaking out is tough. You got a good song, but it still seems like 4/4 to me. So I would keep trying the 3/4 before moving on. You might try 12/8, it might feel more familiar to you but give a step toward 3/4.

Sorry. Like I said, great song...it just isn't a waltz. At least it doesn't seem like it to me.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
what is a waltz

The TikiBar said:
Cool song

It's not a waltz though :icon_peac
Waltz \Waltz\, n. [G. walzer, from walzen to roll, revolve,
dance, OHG. walzan to roll; akin to AS. wealtan. See
Welter.]
A dance performed by two persons in circular figures with a
whirling motion; also, a piece of music composed in triple
measure for this kind of dance.

ok a waltz is technically a dance, but you can waltz to this song.
left right left
right left right
But wait! the second definition includes a composition....
I retract my revision.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Cool song. This reminded me a lot of the 70s band America, a great, great band. The vocal arrangement of your is good on its own, the extra orchestral touches really make this shine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts