Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

"The King - The Man, the Legend" - is a radio series of 41 one-hour
episodes, including songs and rare audio from Elvis Presley. The series was noted in the Guinness Book of Records as the longest series in the world about the singer.It was broadcasted in Hebrew, in Israel. The first episode aired on October 5th, 1991 and ended with a 9-hour marathon on August 15th of '92.

The series was written and produced by Mrs. Ofra Helfman and the narrator was Mr. Menachem Perry.
If you ever wondered who is the lady in the photo below, well - this is actually Menachem's beautiful late wife, Nurit, who met Elvis in backstage after a concert in Vegas on August 16th,1972.

On a more personal note - I was 11 years old then and discovered Elvis just 2 weeks prior to the airing of the series. That allowed me to enjoy new songs on a weekly basis and expand my knowledge at such a young age, in a country that didn't have easy access to Elvis stuff at the time. I used to listen to it repeatedly and to me – those are the sounds of my youth.

Links expire on 1 December, 2022
Ep. 01-10
Ep. 11-20
Ep. 21-30

Ep. 31-41

I'VE HAD THESE ON DIGITAL FOR QUIT A FEW YEARS AND DO NOT KNOW WHERE i GOT THEM FROM AND WHO I SHOULD CREDIT.

Enjoy.

Hairstyle Smile Sleeve Collar Happy

· Registered
31 Posts
So this is not in English? Just want to be clear on that...

Hi,

"The King - The Man, the Legend" - is a radio series of 41 one-hour
episodes, including songs and rare audio from Elvis Presley. The series was noted in the Guinness Book of Records as the longest series in the world about the singer.It was broadcasted in Hebrew, in Israel. The first episode aired on October 5th, 1991 and ended with a 9-hour marathon on August 15th of '92.

The series was written and produced by Mrs. Ofra Helfman and the narrator was Mr. Menachem Perry.
If you ever wondered who is the lady in the photo below, well - this is actually Menachem's beautiful late wife, Nurit, who met Elvis in backstage after a concert in Vegas on August 16th,1972.

On a more personal note - I was 11 years old then and discovered Elvis just 2 weeks prior to the airing of the series. That allowed me to enjoy new songs on a weekly basis and expand my knowledge at such a young age, in a country that didn't have easy access to Elvis stuff at the time. I used to listen to it repeatedly and to me – those are the sounds of my youth.

Links expire on 1 December, 2022
Ep. 01-10
Ep. 11-20
Ep. 21-30

Ep. 31-41

I'VE HAD THESE ON DIGITAL FOR QUIT A FEW YEARS AND DO NOT KNOW WHERE i GOT THEM FROM AND WHO I SHOULD CREDIT.

Enjoy.

View attachment 126739

1 - 5 of 5 Posts