Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, I'm from the company of BMG, and you've had a lot of complaint from the people, and your IP has been identified, it includes a fine of $ 500,000 dollars and 5 years in prison, I will give 3 days, we have your eye forum, if nothing is done, you'll have to close the forum, many things are illegal here.
------------------------------
and we laugh not here
------------
Our investigators, go look at your forum, if it something else illegal, we'll know

Now we know where you live, and your collection and your computer will be seized.

------------------------
Copyright - Infringement - Some Internet users have violated the copyright of the appellants in downloading songs, on which appellants hold copyrights on their personal computers and providing access to their files, thus reproducing or distributing songs to other users of the Internet - Being unable to determine the name, address or telephone number of Internet users in question, appellants filed a query to identify these people - Motion dismissed by Federal Court - In situations where applicants are not limited to obtaining information on the issues of breach of copyright, a court would justified in refusing to issue an order to disclose the identity of the user - Conclusions as to what constitutes a violation of copyright should not be taken at the preliminary stage of the action.

·
Registered
238 Posts
You are a phony. No one from BMG would send an anonymous letter. The letter would come fromtheir lawyer, not be posted. You are a fake.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi everybody
some years ago, i ran a site with a forum and a downloaded section of elvis bootlegs and this is the mail we've received :
Real or fake ?
After that, we've stopped all download stuff !!

----------
ATTORNEYS AT LAW

June 17, 2003

Via E-Mail
K....
F...

Re: Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc.

Dear K... and F...:

I represent Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc. ("EPE"). EPE "is the assignee of state and federal trademarks, service marks, copyrights and identification (publicity) rights of the estate of Elvis Presley." Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc. vs. Elvisly Yours, 936 F.2d 889, 892 (6th Cir. 1991). Those publicity rights include the right to control commercial exploitation of Elvis Presley's name, likeness, voice, image and other elements of Elvis Presley persona in advertisements, merchandise and otherwise. See, e.g., Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc. vs. Capece, 141 F.3d 188 (5th Cir. 1998); Tenn. Code Ann. §47-25-11-01 et seq.

It has come to our attention that you are making available for downloading concerts of Elvis Presley. This activity constitutes a violation of my client’s intellectual property rights.

EPE requests that you cease making the concerts available for downloading.

Very truly yours,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts