Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the basis of a most beautiful melody in my head but I just can't complete it or do it justice... This is going to be the best thing I have ever done but I just can't find the right backing for it. In the words of my ever understanding wife "it's a bit stoppy starty
"

I tried this a couple of months ago and it didn't do it for me so I have tried again. But I have to say it isn't the finished article. I just wish I could get Joe Satriani in on it then I am sure it would be nailed

Please enjoy it - I really think the concept is beautiful. I welcome suggestions on improving it because I am really at my wit's end.

I give you my unfinished sympathy

G

·
That was entertaining. I find it more unique compared with the general posts here. My comments is that tho it's good, it may be better if you varified the rhythm patterns of your leads thru' out, to make it more appealing. But that's just my two cents worth.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks for the opinions. Evil - I'll take your remarks onboard - I think the tune deserves another go. Many thanks.

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
this is good goport .. i like the melody sequence and you hit a good chord to play over ...

the main thing i would do is in the second section of the melody .. (From about the 0:26 mark) .. get some more rhythm in there maybe ... start off small and build it up to when the first melody comes in again

i love the harmony guitars and where they were placed i thought that was perfect .. and i like the way the drums stop in one place and the guitar melody just keeps going for a sec .. very cool !

i think you will get there mate .. keep plugging away i think it sounds great !

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
many thanks Rain and Stiglar. Good Idea with the rhythm - I will look into that

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks chaps - you got me blushing here

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
hey Mr Satriani, that couldn't have sounded more satch i don't think. top stuff brother

i think that the production could be fixed up cause it distorts in places, just turn everything down a bit thats all.

other wise i reckon it was cool, just add things to the melody, you know what i mean? like do the main melody and then add a trill or a pull off or something. i reckon it was sweet man! good shit! should be proud of this!
if you don't get me with that "add stuff to the melody" part PM me,, i can exp[lain better, but yeh i loved this, saved

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.