1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Yea that black one is ugly lookin.

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Well Edward owns the design for the Wolfgang...so they could not use that anymore.
Actually it is quite nice, but never mind, it probally still plays great.

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
I have said it before, and I will say it again: Peavey makes great amplification. Nothing more, nothing less. Ed was an angel in disguise for them because Ed showed the world that Peavey could make a guitar, unfortunatley for Peavey, that was Ed's guitar and he took it with him!

·
Registered
425 Posts
I actually like the shape better, it doesn't like as "bloated" in my opinion.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Thank you oh God's of Guitar, for delivering onto me the coveted Trans Amber Wolfgang Standard, in your mercy. And thank you for not leading me down the garden path of waiting untill Peavey lowered the prices.. because these friggen guitars look like ass, even if they probibly are going to be kick ass because Ed showed them how to make a guitar.... Amen

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Ahh I changed it cause it was throwing off the size of the threads. I really liked that avatar too, but everything looks better now.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I like the smaller body too, which is funny cause I'm a big guy. I have small hands though, so the wolf neck was just perfect for me.

And I agree about the horns on there. They just look weird, and those knobs are even worse.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I think there may be a small mistake. Peaveys revamp of the wolfgang is to be named corina.... Thats the new HP signature series they introduced last year. At least thats what our peavey Rep told us. Could be wrong but im going by what I was told by Peavey. If you look really close. thats just a slightly modernized T-60 body on that HP series.

Ok a quick call and yep. im wrong. there was some name changes in the series.... my bad.
VB

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey - since I have some Wolfgang fans (or haters which ever you may be) here... I'd love to ask you a question. I picked up a Wolfgang Special a couple weeks ago AND LOVE IT.

Since then I've found that there are

Wolfgang "standard"
Wolfgang "special"
Wolfgang "EXP" -

What are the differences between these. I think the EXP is not made in the US. Is it otherwise the same as the special? does it say EXP on it? how would one know he has a EXP?

Mine says special on it - is that better or worse than a standard? sounds more "Special" ;-) but I think it's cheaper? is it the difference of a flat front and the standard being the curved front?

thanks for any info you could share. I'm thinking of buying another one and want to be more educated - thanks.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
rojoyinc said:
Hey - since I have some Wolfgang fans (or haters which ever you may be) here... I'd love to ask you a question. I picked up a Wolfgang Special a couple weeks ago AND LOVE IT.

Since then I've found that there are

Wolfgang "standard"
Wolfgang "special"
Wolfgang "EXP" -

What are the differences between these. I think the EXP is not made in the US. Is it otherwise the same as the special? does it say EXP on it? how would one know he has a EXP?

Mine says special on it - is that better or worse than a standard? sounds more "Special" ;-) but I think it's cheaper? is it the difference of a flat front and the standard being the curved front?

thanks for any info you could share. I'm thinking of buying another one and want to be more educated - thanks.
Basically...the standard is the most expensive because it is made in the US and the top of the line. It has a birdseye maple neck, volume and tone, and most colors have a maple top in flame or quilt.

The special is made in the US and has a flat top, only a volume knob, and a rock maple neck.

The EXP is an import and is like a special but has a cheaper bridge.

All pickups are the same in every model and there are special editions and custom shop stuff out there that breaks the normal rules. All of them use Dunlop 6105 fret wire which is like a railroad track.

A Wolfgang is a great guitar no matter which model you buy.....I don't think many people hate them, but some think they are overpriced.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts