Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in another thread and rather than take the chance that it gets lost there, I thought I'd try to let those who haven't heard about Line6's newest addition to the POD line here.

For those who are thinking about spending $299.00 on the PODxt and then maybe thinking about spending another $99.00 on the model packs somewhere down the road . . .

Maybe you should wait just a few weeks and look into the "PODxt Live" - It's supposed to have all the features of the XT & Vetta AND all of the Model Packs combined into a floor unit. It has a USB out so it can be used the same way to record as the XT. Musician's Friend and American Musical are both showing the price to be $399.00

Check it out
HERE'S a review too.
There's a bunch of photos from all angles RIGHT HERE

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
Thank you much for this!
I'm a big fan of their products and work a few blocks away from their headquarters.
They have monthly events there. I will loook them up and see if they have scheduled a demo I can attend...

Thanks again for the news.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Thanks for posting that, this looks really cool......

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
This is a great deal! Another advantage of this is not having to buy the floorboard! I gotta start sucking up to the wife for X-Mas!

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
If you already have a podxt and a shortboard, you gain nothing by switching to this. In fact, only judging from the picture, the shortboard I have seems sturdier.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[ QUOTE ]
stingx said:
If you already have a podxt and a shortboard, you gain nothing by switching to this. In fact, only judging from the picture, the shortboard I have seems sturdier.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, and I agree to a point. If someone doesn't have either though - I think this is the way to go.

As for the durability and such . . . I used to use my PODxt & the shortboard for flyouts. And think there's just too much screwing around with cords & stands and such. I like the unit, but I also really hated all that other stuff.

With this thing, I can walk up, drop it on the floor, spike it, run a line back to my stacks and away I go. This thing looks so much more durable than the xt too. I had my xt & shortboard in the Line6 bag and I carried it with me on all flights and even under my careful touch the knobs have suffered hints of damage in the way that they now spin. The PODxt might be made of metal, but it's still a delicate piece to trust to roadies. As for the durability of the board itself - I think it's a horse apiece, although I slightly favor the buttons on the old shortboard over the "Boss-like" ones on the xtLive.

I'm thinking this xtLive might be better geared towards road use than a two part board & POD. - It'll certainly be alot easier to set up and tear down.

Now if Line 6 would just start building these things with an intelligent harmonizer, there'd be no reason at all to even speculate between one of these and the GT-6 or Digitech GNX machines which both have really decent harmonizers stock.

Seriously though, when I go out, it's almost always a rented backline, so the idea of having some consistancy in my sound by travelling with one of these devices is very desireable to me.

Oh, and if anyone from Line6 is reading this . . . you can send me my endorsment papers now - LOL!!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[ QUOTE ]
wahwah said:
I've been trying to get the fuckers to sign me for years...I'm still waiting!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ain't it the truth!! - LOL!!

Strings are easy to get - it's the cool toys like this that are a real bitch to nab.

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
I tried it out already. Nothing different than if you have a podxt + shortboard, except for the jack to plug in a variax. If you donut already own an xt, you now have another option to consider...

·
Registered
98 Posts
It's great...but you should know that the Line6 Edit and Guitar Port software are not ready for it yet. It will be somethime later this year...possibly by the end of October.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I called all the GC's in the Chicago area and they're all like "uhhh .. POD XT Live?"
So I'm not sure when they're gonna get released in the stores. I know Mutant's Friend is gonna start shipping Friday, so maybe they'll have them. If anyone from the Chi-Town area knows of anywhere else carrying them and a definite release date, do tell. I'm real hyped about this one. I do lots o' home recording and these are the shit.
George

1 - 13 of 13 Posts