Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first attempt at recording so here is a stab at stairway to heaven.
Used my LP thru a guitarport and recorded with guitar tracks pro 3. Not near as good as most of you guys here but it's all about fun right? :D
Sorry for the click track at the beginning but it was the only backing track I had. :cool:

sthbobad.mp3

Bobad

·
NURSERY RHYME KING
270 Posts
VERY COOL , just wished the click wasn't there would have really made this song sound even better...even so...your playing was EXCELLENT....GJ...:icon_thum :icon_thum :icon_thum

·
Registered
442 Posts
great job :icon_thum is that your voice? if so you nailed plant :chucks:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It wasn't my voice... it was a backing track with vocals. Not sure who sang but whoever it was realy nailed it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Great job!! Just one complaint.. which isnt a big deal... Work on that opening vibrato on the first note of the solo.. Its hard to reproduce.. but thats the only thing I have to comment on :)

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
good playin, sounded good. First recording eh?:thumb:

·
Registered
479 Posts
exelent job bro.....enjoyed listening to this

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
bobad said:
Not near as good as most of you guys here but it's all about fun right? :D
As good, if not better, than most of us guys here. Beautifully played. :thumbup:

I'll be keeping an eye on you...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Performance was neat!
not bad for the first recording,but y'know bigger solo...exelent backing and the screams at the end were just perfect!

·
Yeah, so what?
1,562 Posts
Nice cover you made here, really close to the real tone in your guitar :mix:
As to the title you put to the thread, "The song banned in most music stores", I´m going to quote something I read some time ago:
Every youth who picked up a guitar would try to play this. In the movie Wayne's World, it is banned in the guitar shop where Wayne starts playing it. In the movie, Wayne clearly plays the first few notes before being scolded, but due to legal issues, the video version was changed so Wayne plays something incomprehensible.
The guitar solo, now considered a classic that most aspiring lead guitarists try to learn note-for-note, was never actually played that way in the studio. It was pieced together out of several different takes by Jimmy Page, who then learned the solo after the fact to be able to perform it live. If you listen closely on the album, you can hear the "punch-ins," places where the recording engineer, Eddie Kramer, edited the tracks.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts