Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Stone Roses - Live at the Etihad Stadium, Manchester (Friday 17th June 2016)

Recorded to the right hand side of the stage, approx 50 yards back
Zoom H1 Recorder - Audacity - Compression & Normalisation - Exported to mp3 from WAV

https://www.sendspace.com/file/wjjwl1

I Wanna Be Adored
Elephant Stone
Sally Cinnamon
Mersey Paradise
(Song for My) Sugar Spun Sister
Bye Bye Badman
Where Angels Play
Shoot You Down
Begging You
Waterfall
Don't Stop
Elizabeth My Dear
Fools Gold
All for One
Love Spreads
Made of Stone
She Bangs the Drums
Breaking into Heaven
This Is the One
I Am the Resurrection

Occasional crowd noise and talking but that's to be expected. First few bars of Mersey Paradise are missing due to a battery issue but this is a complete recording besides that.

I was blown away by how good Reni is on this performance, his fills in Sally Cinnamon and Love Spreads are laughably amazing. I had the biggest grin ever listening back to this! Personal favourites were Begging You, Love Spreads and All For One (which went down a storm!) Ian seemed to be a lot more in tune than the last few videos posted online.

If someone wants to make some artwork feel free!

Please give credit when sharing,

Enjoy!

Zander :icon_peac

·
Registered
14 Posts
friday Great thanks

Great stuff fella, just clicked the link I hope other days turn up too.

I did HALIFAX (great gig...reminded me of an even smaller Apollo from the 95 tour) & just waiting on blank audio cdrs to go from MD > Cdr > Mp3 as netMds cradle is broken so cannot convert easy

A freind got Carlisle too on Dat & Am hoping to get this also.

My recorder went missing on the weds, I got home & it was in the
pocket of a jacket on a trai'nnnn in town !

(not really it was safe in my jacket & i was just making a nod to Sally Cinamon)

TH all for one

Reni is the beat master general isnt he ????

DOes anyone KNOW ian Mac who did all the heaton park shows ???

His boots of them & Amstrerdam were great.

I hope he makes it to MADISON SQUARE GARDEN

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mate did you downoad

schroeder mixes of Second Coming yet ??

Fab stuff
Yeah - it was me who pushed with a few others to get them released mate - can't believe it's taken so long!

Let me know if you get Carlisle or Halifax! Be great to hear the results...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Is John Squire still with them. He really one of the best guitarists since the 90s. I dont like the pop stuff SR do but their jamming and live shows on the second coming tour were superb. Squire hardly played and solos on their comeback gigs
This is a better setlist with stuff from second coming. Theres a video on youtube of them at Brixton 93? and Squire is exceptional as they really let rip.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The Brixton show on youtube is 95. There is no comparison between the acid jamming on that tour and what they play now. Then again i suspect most fans woudnt have a clue what was going on if the SR really let rip and cranked out their superb jams.
I really consider their current setlist to be substandard.
But I understand why they do it. it would be commercial suicide to play like they really can

1 - 10 of 10 Posts