Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres a tune I just got done with, I call it "The Train"

I had the drum and bass tracks all lined up on my Dr-880 just waiting till I had some damn time to make it into a short ditty. I tried to mix it up a bit with the guitars - different styles and tones. Please let me know what you all think of it ok?

It sort of sounds like a Moonshine Drinkin' - Knee Slappin sorta guitar battle thing. Heheh, Please have a listen!

I think it may be a little "hot" so you might need to back off on the power when ya play it. I need to pull the mains down and I keep forgetting to! :dunno:

Anyway, hope someone finds this interesting at least!

:thumb:

·
Banned
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for listening.

I guess I'm not used to my 8 tracker yet. I set the levels and look at the meter and it looks ok. But when I mix it and then export it I find my levels are usually too high.

Anyone who has ever been in a band with me will tell you that I'm pretty liberial with the volume. So maybe thats the problem. I can't go back and re-mix this tune because I bounced it down to 2 stereo tracks. I did however Master it and dialed it back a few notches.

But whats the point - it was just a little ditty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.