Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Two of Us. new song.

WEll I have finally done it. I have written a love song, something I vowed never to do :lol: On a serious note this is probably the best thing I have written. The backing is by far the most complex I have written but it still contains a strong melody so I am very pleased with it. There are a couple of duff harmonies in there, that I will change when I get around to it. Of course it is not perfect but I do believe it is a strong tune, sombre and uplifting at the same time. I am quite proud :D

New version : http://www.guitars101.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=15264

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Man...your songs are just too good, bro!!!!:bowdown: I love this!!! Very Beatlesque!!!! You continue to amaze me with your talent!!!:woot:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
This is great stuff Goport, nice acoustic and harmonies in ther :)

some of the best songs are love songs ;) and im not a sappy sod either lol ;)

this is one of those dreamy cd tunes when ya just sit back and relax :)

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Man that was great work Porty.
You really ought to be proud, it sounds like a mix between ELO and Beatles and some Tom Petty.
:icon_thum

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys :thumb: - I have to say that I really am wincing listening to the posted mix down. Some of those harmonies are SO off it is painful - I swear to god it sounded ok but then that is a lesson in itself - never post something until you are 110% sure :lol: I am going to redo this in the morning. The backing vox are shameful!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
y sometimes its best to take another listen the day after lol
the amount of times ya replay something back when recording etc.. drives ya brain nuts lol

on the whole its still cool :)

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Porty Porty Porty!!..This was Fantastic!!!..Another collection For My box set...hehe:thumb:

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Brilliant!!! and another download for the Goport folder!!! You knocked it up another notch here!!!! Very Lennon-esque...both John and Julien Lennon overtones!!

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Well what can i say....... another hit for me porty love those vox ..... great song top notch mate.......:thumb: SCORCHER

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thank you ladies and gentlemen, you are all too kind (as usual :) )but I still want to redo the vox though :(

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
Nice chords , i do like tunes with nice chords , the tune reminds me of nobody in particular , i guess the backing vocals do sound a bit G Harrison solo stuff , would suit a slide for sure ,this is really catchy , i like the echo at 2.47 , one thing tho ,this in my headphones sounds Mono ? was that intentional , this is another gem , well done dude :thumb:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Goport... that was wonderful!

Love the lyrics. Very heartfelt. Why don't you have some kind of contract yet?

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Man this was killa Goport, awesome job!! :thumb: :thumb:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bluesplayer said:
Nice chords , i do like tunes with nice chords , the tune reminds me of nobody in particular , i guess the backing vocals do sound a bit G Harrison solo stuff , would suit a slide for sure ,this is really catchy , i like the echo at 2.47 , one thing tho ,this in my headphones sounds Mono ? was that intentional , this is another gem , well done dude :thumb:
Yeah the chords, I was pleased with this it fits together very nicely and nothing about the music sounds "written by numbers." - there are a few chords I don't even know names for augminished or ... dimented or something.

The mono mix? not intentional at all. I have been having a bit of a 'mare with my set up. I tried a few new plugins and suddenly everything was acting wierd. Cubase was crashing. my sound card CP was disabled and I couldn't pan left and right. I have tried to sort it out a bit better on the redone version I am just about to post, but I had to redo all the fx so it is quite a bit different.

If you want to have a bash at doing some slide please do. I'll up the song in a second on the first post. God knows how we will mix it - but I am sure we'll find a way :)

thanks mate :thumb:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Jimmy, hardly metallica eh ? :lol:

Thanks Lace. I always for the music business is for young people - not some 38yr 80s throwback like me. I never thought the songs would be liked as much as they are. I guess I might have a look into getting some kind of publishing deal or something.

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
OOH.. A new Goport tune and I didn't even see it til now! Another great song here buddy, I love your song writing abilities and creative use of chords, it's truly inspiring. :)

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you eric. I am glad I you liked this. this is one I am very rpoud of. trouble is I just can't get the backing vox right :irk: :)

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Goport said:
WEll I have finally done it. I have written a love song, something I vowed never to do :lol: On a serious note this is probably the best thing I have written. The backing is by far the most complex I have written but it still contains a strong melody so I am very pleased with it. There are a couple of duff harmonies in there, that I will change when I get around to it. Of course it is not perfect but I do believe it is a strong tune, sombre and uplifting at the same time. I am quite proud :D
updated the song :)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
The revised mix is several times better. There's was something that seemed kind of harsh from the earlier mix. You can definitely hear stereo separation and better dynamics on the newer mix too. Sounds like a fretless bass in there. Is that you or a soundfont?? Sounds really cool. The arrangement is very ambitious with all the harmony vocals and extra tidbits. I hate to break with the crowd, but the song isn't quite as catchy for me as some of your other songs. It's still very good. I really like the effects on the intro and the outro.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts