Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
This is a cover of the song "The Vision" by victor wooten. This is a bass solo and i'm wonderin how this sounds cuz i want to do it for my school sometime.

I'm not the best at recording so you'll have to turn your volume up pretty loud...but who doesn't listen to loud music anyways?:rock:

It's a pretty cool song i hope you all enjoy

Attachments

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
sloppybassist said:
This is a cover of the song "The Vision" by victor wooten. This is a bass solo and i'm wonderin how this sounds cuz i want to do it for my school sometime.

I'm not the best at recording so you'll have to turn your volume up pretty loud...but who doesn't listen to loud music anyways?:rock:

It's a pretty cool song i hope you all enjoy
Wow, this one kind of slipped through the cracks didn't it.

I don't know the song, but this is pretty cool stuff. You should definately play it for your school.

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Hey man, you might wanna change your name to "SmoothBassist." :thumb:

This was very elegant and soothing....very jazzy as well. You sound perhaps a bit sophisticated for a young lad, at least in your musical taste. Recording quality sounded good to me and you displayed a variety of techniques. You've definitely got something good going on with your playing and should continue to explore it. I would be interested in hearing you with some drums as well. :thumbup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
My name was sorta a joke between me and my cousin....you know "bassists get sloppy seconds" lol

ya this is a real fun song to play and there's no one better than Wooten on the bass guitar...this just happens to be one of his easier songs.

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
I'm diggin' this. Invest a hundred bucks in an amp simulator to record more cleanly, and you got yourself some heavy duty recording tools to put a shine on that great playing :thumb:

As for sloppy seconds, at least it's not like you are the drummer peaking in through the key hole to get any! :D

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Excellent stuff, sounds really nice. On a side note, Victor's brother Regi teaches guitar here in Nashville. He does some really nice tapping things that he also teaches, and says he learned it all from his brother who naturally says he learned it all from Regi. Come to think of it, I think the whole Wooten clan lives here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts