• theupsguy

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Joe King

Votes: 10 90.9%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
This is called "Saharan Sun" got a heavy bottom, withe a mideastern feel.... I did the song using harmonic minor scales, and a few diminished. It was done on Guitar Tracks 2.0, and the higher part of the guitar was a Whammy Pedal up an octave. The drums were a pattern from Fruity Loops I didn't vary it much, because I wanted a kinda driving beat that was somewhat relentless. Hope you guys dig it:)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just the drum trax on my GNX4. I have a drum machine but can't figure it out. That's the first song I've recorded. Still exploring where I want to go.

Your's sounded very good!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Joe King said:
This is called "Saharan Sun" got a heavy bottom, withe a mideastern feel.... I did the song using harmonic minor scales, and a few diminished. It was done on Guitar Tracks 2.0, and the higher part of the guitar was a Whammy Pedal up an octave. The drums were a pattern from Fruity Loops I didn't vary it much, because I wanted a kinda driving beat that was somewhat relentless. Hope you guys dig it:)
I hate that song! You know what I am talking about :irk:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Had to go with Joe on this one. Reminds me a bit of `Sails of Charon' by
Uli Jon Roth. One of my Fav. Tunes and Player.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess I'll have to put my running shoes on today and crank out a better one. 2 different styles of songs. I'll work on a heavy heavy one today! Still want to battle Joey?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anything. I'm home sick today so I have all day. Lets swap backtracks see what we like... Give me a few and I'll post one here then erase it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts