Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

theupsguy vs Scott Parnell (10 votes to win)

• theupsguy

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Scott Parnell

Votes: 6 40.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... You Give Love A Bad Name. This is my version... Great tune from the 80's! :bannana_g :bannana_g

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Ok.. Here is my version.. I wanted to redo my version totally different,, so I redid it today. I didnt like the cheesy midi in beginning,, so I added jovi's vocals in beginning. My guitars parts are 2 parts as follows.......

the left side of your speaker is my V Amp 2 direct to pc with jackson dk2 playing main riff and fills 12 frets higher than normal to give ya the harmony

the right side is my roland micro cube direct to pc with my jackson dk2 playing the same main riffs and fills at normal frets 12 frets below the left side.

the main solo is same notes on both speakers,, but both played on my v amp 2 and roland micro cube.

wanted to try something different,, so I figure ,, why not try it with a tune to battle with.

great job on yours theupsguy. gotta love the 80's tunes,, and this is one of em that rocks from that era. enjoy our battle everyone. :thumb:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Man, that song brings back memories. I remember getting the record, i wuz just a punk then. I loved the record cover. I would stare in a daze at it.:D Kick ass job on the covers guys, loved them both, had to flip on this one.

·
I GARAWWWNTEE!!!!!
1,810 Posts
Great job from both...... each a little different in approach & tone.

·
Registered
299 Posts
great job both of you guys.

quite different , 2 of the best guitar players on this site against each other , it's hard to make up your mind, had to listen a few times.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rezamozaffarinia said:

quite different , 2 of the best guitar players on this site against each other , it's hard to make up your mind, had to listen a few times.
Thanks. Never thought of myself as being all that good. It's so close I think a re-battle may be in order. Different song. I'd like to do Baraccuda.
:jam:

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
rezamozaffarinia said:

wow.. thanks for the compliment. I never consider myself to be a best,, cause ya all rock that jam on the guitar in my opinion. thanks for xoming here to listening to these.

·
What ya Lookin Fer?
1,568 Posts
Boy this one is tough... not sure where I'm going to vote at the moment. I'm debating (with myself) whther I should go with Scott's unique stylistic approach and tone or with UPSguy's, closer to the original, take. Hmmmm... decisions decisions... :scratch:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts