Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
mmmmm.............Beer!!!
695 Posts
Phew, I got tired just watching that one, excellent playing. The bit at the end had me rolling on the floor....."shut up! we know you can play...!!!" I think we've all heard that before!!!!:notme: or in my case, "shut up, your crap!!!":crazy:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Rocker35 said:
Phew, I got tired just watching that one, excellent playing. The bit at the end had me rolling on the floor....."shut up! we know you can play...!!!" I think we've all heard that before!!!!:notme: or in my case, "shut up, your crap!!!":crazy:
Agreed!! brilliant and exhausting to watch. Funny end and nice impromptu tour too :thumb:

·
Musician
450 Posts
thats awesome, how long have you been playing?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey all, thanks for listening! Most appreciated it certainly is.

Heres a brief set up of how i recorded it:

Ibanez RG2570EX using the bridge bucker (Seymour Duncan JB) into a Boss GT 6 with a Vai patch ive been working on for ages but can never get there all the way. Boss GT6 normally goes into a Marshall MG50dfx, but today it went into my 100W Marshall VS100, which i handily mangaed to pickup for £50. I used the 4 cable method, so if any of you guys dont know how to use it, i'll explain if you want me to :). Just basically utilises your amps effects loop instead of a direct input.

The VS100 was mic'd centre on the cone with a Shure SM57, but a few cm back in order to avoid a harsher /clipped sound.
Recorded straight into my little Zoom MRS4 4-track onto smart media and whipped onto the PC.

Cool edit pro was used to mix it, and i did a little messing with the EQ, sterteo tracked the guitar and added a little reverb. Played a round a little with the panning too, as ive never really done much with it, because i noticed that on the breakdown in Juice the guitar seems to pan left about 75% i think.

Hope this helps, and thanks for taking the time to listen to the bloody 10MB file! Oh, and finally... it was a bitch synching up the video with the audio damnit lol!

Cheers!

Kev

·
Registered
554 Posts
Nice job dude - especially liked the one take approach, and that ain't an easy one-taker :) Great tone, thanks for sharing :icon_thum
-dc

1 - 16 of 16 Posts