Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found myself listening to a lot of old school thrash lately, mainly because i joined a thrash band, and know that in order to play thrash i need to know what its about lol... been listening to stuff like Forbidden, old Death, Testament, Demolition Hammer, Devestation, Pestilence etc... lots of older stuff... anyone else listening to a lot of thrash lately?

·
Thunder from the East
2,039 Posts
Elysian said:
I've found myself listening to a lot of old school thrash lately, mainly because i joined a thrash band, and know that in order to play thrash i need to know what its about lol... been listening to stuff like Forbidden, old Death, Testament, Demolition Hammer, Devestation, Pestilence etc... lots of older stuff... anyone else listening to a lot of thrash lately?
i do :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yeah, I've been thrashing my brains out lately.
Check out this new HEATHEN song.."Dying Season".

Also they have a bunch of full songs at their website..

HEATHEN audio.

Thrash 'till Death!

Terry :thumb: \m/

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thrash is always cool! Keeps you up on your chops. And guages how good your guitar is setup after you are done! :devilchil

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
What is thrash? :dunno: :lol:

·
Thunder from the East
2,039 Posts
Metal Discharge !! from destruction !!!!

i covered them recently at a gig

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Yeah, thrash is awesome!

I've got Testament's "The New Order" in my player right now. Trial by fire MMmmmm.

Also, yeah, that Exodus album is great too. Toxic Waltz is probably the finest thrash anthem ever.

Also, I've got to give honorable mention to Gwar's earlier stuff.

·
Original G
4,404 Posts
Elysian said:
Awesome! I saw Forbidden and Testament on the same bill years ago!!

Forbiddens "Chalice of blood"---rules!

·
Thunder from the East
2,039 Posts
Carmine said:
Awesome! I saw Forbidden and Testament on the same bill years ago!!

Forbiddens "Chalice of blood"---rules!
classic!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts