Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I picked this CD up today. I got vouchers for my birthday, as no-one would have been able to find these cds that I wanted.

Very good production on this album, and the sound and song structures are reminiscent of early Thunder. Simple driving rock riffs with Danny's vocals topping them all off.

I like what I am hearing so far.

I will re-review once I've had a few listens !!!

:thumb:

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been listening to this album a bit now, and already there are a few songs that are standing out to me. These being Monkey See, Monkey Do. A great riff on this one, with relaxed vocals from Danny. I'm Dreaming Again is another one that starts off as a ballad, but it contains one of the best vocal performances ever to be captured on record from Danny. Simply stunning. Fade Into The Sun is another one that's trying to step into the light as it grabs a hold of me.

At the moment though, I am still at that intermediate stage whereby I can here influences from other songs. Whilst this is great as they're obviously producing consistent music, it's annoying, as it means I can't listen to the songs on their own merit. A few more listens and I will be judging the songs on their own standards.

The tones on this album are great. Luke has some great sounds on this album and they have intermixed the guitar and the bass so well. Sounds brilliant !

All in all though, it sounds damn great.

Excuse me while I push play one more time !!!

:rock:

·
Registered
529 Posts
mondola said:
Well, I hope ya fuckin' well like it !!! I don't know which one would be worse. That pointy jackson headstock up me bum or being cut to pieces with that chainsaw !!!

:shock:

Hahaha!!!
..I'm sure Danny and the boys will save your ass!
:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts