Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the technique for the intro ? I tried picking every note but I have to admit my picking has always been sloppy and it sounds like crap.

I tried it with all hammer ons/pulloffs but I don't think that's the way Angus plays it.

I then reverted to two handed tapping it and though it sounded cool I know Angus does not do it this way

Thanks,

·
Registered
31 Posts
hammer and pull but mute the high e and g with your pick hand fingers...dampens all the noise so you can let your fret hand go wild.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I play it legato (hammer ons and pull offs). But in the video Angus looks like hes picking some notes
I recorded the intro a few months ago.

G

·
angus does it both ways. ive seen him legato it while having his other hand in the air. sometimes he picks.

when i play it, i pick every note except the open b's and use pull offs

G

·
indeed he picks the notes. sometimes he will just use hammer on's and pull offs but for the most part he picks every note

·
Registered
206 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Knyq said:
angus does it both ways. ive seen him legato it while having his other hand in the air. sometimes he picks.

when i play it, i pick every note except the open b's and use pull offs

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I've seen the hand in the air while he does the Hammer and Pull but in the Live at Donnington Video he's picking the whole thing.

G

·
the easiest way to do it is all downstrokes. downstroke everytime you fret one of the notes and as you hammer off let the open sting sound.
or you can do it one handed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.