Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall!
Well I just spent way too much time doing this cover of Queen's Tie Your Mother Down, but I think it was worth it!

I just purchased a new 4 channel mixing board and attached that to my new SM57's. :) Thus, I simply HAD to do something with all of that expensive stuff right? hehehehe

Anyway - here it is. This was done using Samplitude Studio, my 88 Fender strat and the Cyber Twin SE. (I programmed my own tone patch for this song)

Enjoy, and let me know what you think.

PS: If any one would like a "Solos Removed Version" of this let me know - I am not the greatest lead player in the world - perhaps a collaboration would do well on that! :)

Rj

·
Temporary Organ Donor
314 Posts
Great Job on this one. Your purchase seems to have paid off.
It's always good to add some big guitar crunch to Queen.

BPP

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Great Guitar tone! I use a 4 track and Sm-57 myself when mic'ing an amp. Works nice! Great job!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the wonderfull comments folks! I really enjoy doing this "home studio" thing. I have been hooked on the techniques of audio recording ever since the first time I was able to record in a studio - and was able to see first hand how it is done. There are so many tricks that can be done in a studio to make a song sound great, but I only know a handfull of them. My dream, if i ever win the lottery, is to open up and run my own studio. For now, this will have to work tho!

Cheers!

Rj

·
Registered
198 Posts
You stole my lime light, I did the same song there, but not as great.

Nice job there, this would kick my ass. Take a listen to mine.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
slimshady842 said:
You stole my lime light, I did the same song there, but not as great.

Nice job there, this would kick my ass. Take a listen to mine.
Well I am not out to steal any one's lime light thats for sure! I just heard that backing track and thought "Damn - this would sound awesome rocked up a bit!" :) Your version sounds good too dood. Keep up the the good work. Guitar playing isn't necessarily a "race" or a "competition" anyway. It's all about doing what you enjoy doing, and learning from it at the same time. I don't know how long you have been playing, but I have been playinig since I was a freshman in highschool so that would be - lets see - about 24 years. After playing that long, I should play much better than i do, but I haven't disciplined myself into keeping up with "serious" practice. Practice hard everyday and you'll be an absolute whiz in 24 yrs! :) :thumb:
Thats why these backing tracks are so much fun - because they offer a chance for us all to try our hands at songs we all know and love - and it's great fun to trade / share them with all of the other fine people in this forum.

I'll see you around!!!

Rj

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yeah don't worry, it's all in good spirit.

Nice job again.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yakamashii said:
sounds great!! excellent :D
As does your tune! I checked out the one you have on here called Jam!! - All I can say is WOW! I never have been able to leads like that - guess it gives me something to work on!

:)

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Man this kicked much ass, killa job!!! :thumb: :rock:

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Weldaar and TJ! Glad you enjoyed the tune. That was a really fun one to do. I hope I can find more fun ass backing tracks like that one! :)

Cheers!

Rj :icon_peac

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.