Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mix: Dat's Right! Time to jump back to the 70's and get freaky! And no it's not me singing. It's my buddy Thurber T from Pumpjack. He actually came up with this tune. I just helped out on the guitar. So fire up the Lava Lamps and break out the Disco ball!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
nice bass and guitar work!
love the wah tone!
nice job from ur friend too heheh!!
great job!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
A professor of funkology once told me that proper funk on the guitar was all about discipline and attitude. You get a funky gold star for your work on this one. Nice solo too, btw, I like the way it builds up and gets nastaaaay.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Hey GAS!!! Mighty good to hear you guys cutting it up!!! Loved the tune bro!!
Mighty funky!! Velvet and platform shoes all over the place!!! :afro: :mix:

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts
This is great guys !!! I love it :bannana_g :dance: :afro: Great job , Nice lyrics 2 hehehehe ! Love that funk !!! Nice guitar work 2 !

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Kickass funk!
My lavalamps are on actually :afro: :thumb:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Funk-kay Groovin'! Makes me wanna go watch Boogie Nights again :woot:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
this is actually beautifully recorded and played. I love the humour but the professionalism is what strikes me the most. I would love to hear a remix with better drum programmig, they are the only weak part imo. But that said this is a quality tune ! serious props mate.

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
This had some serious groove. WHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!:woot:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone! Your right Goport. The drums we used were off a cheap little keyboard. Everything else was recorded on a Tascam 8-track cassette recorder and on a computer using the Sonar program.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts