Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm sure I'm putting the cart before the horse,but here it goes. I've been kicking around the idea of learning how to play guitar for awhile, but I was hooked after the VH show in Greensboro,NC. When I got back I started looking for around for a cheap setup to learn. Being an 80's kid I rescued a Kramer Aerostar from a pawn shop($75) and found a good deal on a Crate GX65 amp($85). I've been slowly progressing in my ability and I've moved up to Mary had a little lamb and %^# like that, but hey I'm learning. Anyway I found out the hard way that I don't have all the goodies on the Kramer, just standard tremlo, no locking nut, and a EMG pickup. Is it worth the hassle of buying a floyd and having it installed?Should I look around for a deal and trade what I have for a Striker or something with a floyd. My current set up seems to go out of tune easy, and I like playing with the wa wa bar. My wife thinks I going thru a mid life crisis at 33yrs old, so I wasn't able to talk her into a 1984 reissue. What would you do?

Rob

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
You can't polish a turd.....I would suggest to put the thing on E-bay and move up to something with at least a locking nut. I think Sucka might have a Jackson for sale at a good price.

G

·
I agree with the first Guy, sell it on Ebay. And there are more things you should think about. The Floyd Rose is good if you relly like the Wammy Bar, But I find that if a Guitar dosen't have one it has better sustain. Speeking of Ebay you could always buy a Wah Wah Pedal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.