Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well a lessson i learned here is battling and the atmosphere in this website can push you to accomplish great things...though this song wasnt really heard by many here because it was from a battle that went sour due to multiple screenames and false votes and comments , then finally being banned though somehow hes been reinstated but doesnt know it........but surely an interesting thread to read
http://www.guitars101.com/vb/battles-main/39818-axeshredder-vs-rig96-backer-challenge.html

besides many comments ive recieved on this track, its now won a spot on an upstart record companies compilation blues cd...go figure?
i did submit other original stuff but the A&R person there wrote me personally about this particular track that she found refreshing...lol

i guess it better be good...so here ya go
http://www.newmusicseries.net/axeshredder.html

·
Registered
187 Posts
Man that was great axe scale runs were clean wa sounded good with the composition and the slide phrazing was perfict tward the end it deserved the spot.

Thanks for sharing :)

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
They're featuring it on a cd? Thats great, but you didnt do the backing track, right? Doesnt someone else own the copyright to that one?
And isnt this song actually "Help The Poor", sounds very much like robben fords version of that tune...

Many questions raised... :)

Oh well, its great to see that you're now a blues artist! :woot:
Great track too. Even tho it appears I voted against it in that battle :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Naifuzan said:
They're featuring it on a cd? Thats great, but you didnt do the backing track, right? Doesnt someone else own the copyright to that one?
And isnt this song actually "Help The Poor", sounds very much like robben fords version of that tune...

Many questions raised... :)

Oh well, its great to see that you're now a blues artist! :woot:
Great track too. Even tho it appears I voted against it in that battle :rolleyes:
well i dont know about robben ford but you surely cant say theres any similiarities cause i never heard it (freaky if there is)...but i made it clear i didnt do the backing track AND I REALLY ASSUMED IT WAS A ROYALTY FREE BACKING TRACK...and im surely not making any money on it and the disc is being distributed free...so really does it matter?....i feel i didnt steal anything nor proffitting from it.....and my heart and soul is in there....the backer is pretty standard to me ...though very well done. If i made the backer, i would say good job and that would be the end. No big deal just i cant get backing like that to my originals..though lately ive gotten some loop disc that are helping...peace

As for your voting...well everyones entitled to there opinion but clearly many have dissagreed with you...i personally never though much of this track...its everyone else making noise about it

i would like to get permission of use but dont know who..any help?

research has lyrics to "Help the Poor" by BB king previously unreleased...no mention of Ford or the music...i think (or thought) its considered a standard blues proggression

date Jul 27, 2006 12:08 AM
subject NMS 07

You don't know how refreshed and excited I was upon coming across your music. I love the song "Top Notch Blues." Wow... you are exactly what we are looking for at TIN Records. We are taking submissions through Sonic Bids for the NMS... if you have any similar songs, or on the other side of the spectrum, I would like to hear those as well.

www.sonicbids.com/nms07

www.newmusicseries.net

We are also accepting submissions by mail.
Take a moment and stop by and I'll be looking forward to seeing your name on the roster because you have my vote... And as you know you can never have your music in too many places... I look forward to hearing from you.

Marjorie
A&R TIN Records Online Division

·
Registered
652 Posts
Wow, great track. The thread was hilarious, but it's terrible that the guy cheated, it was kinda obvious actually. All the guys with a total of 2 posts were voting for him, lol.

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
$25 a month but it based on a high band with and large server space
The website name "Axeshredder" is ppaid for seperately..im good till 2011
the design is all original

·
Registered
529 Posts
¨

W O W ! ! !

Great bluesy tune!
Amazing playing! :thumb::jam: :thumb:

Roy.
:twisted:

¨

axeshredder said:
Well a lessson i learned here is battling and the atmosphere in this website can push you to accomplish great things...though this song wasnt really heard by many here because it was from a battle that went sour due to multiple screenames and false votes and comments , then finally being banned though somehow hes been reinstated but doesnt know it........but surely an interesting thread to read
http://www.guitars101.com/vb/battles-main/39818-axeshredder-vs-rig96-backer-challenge.html

besides many comments ive recieved on this track, its now won a spot on an upstart record companies compilation blues cd...go figure?
i did submit other original stuff but the A&R person there wrote me personally about this particular track that she found refreshing...lol

i guess it better be good...so here ya go
http://www.newmusicseries.net/axeshredder.html

1 - 12 of 12 Posts