Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blue Oyster Cult - Live 1976. Worst dvd I have ever owed,seen, glanced at, etc. I have a number of dvd's and this one sucks the big one. Not saying the band sucked because I have seen them many times in their glory days and they truely rocked. Just wanted to save somebody the money, not worth a dollar. For a standard I now say the new Dream Theater was done really well. This looked and sounded as if somebody smoked a 10 lb. bag and THEN tried to figure out how to operate the camera/mic, etc.

BOC really use to put on a show with a great lasers effects. None to be found either on this one.

Hopefully this is not available any longer.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, garbage man has it now. Honestly, I have never seen a recorded show worse than that. While it did not cost much - 12 bucks a few years back, they were a band that really was a crowd pleaser. One of the best shows way back had them with Rush as backup for three nites and I saw two of them. Another had Frank Marino and Montrose. Boy, those were the days. :thumb:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I was never a BOC fan. I've never seen the DVD either. If it was bad quality, it was probably filmed terribly cause it was old...Whatever the case may be, you could have saved yourself some money buy selling it to someone. Like El_jalepeno here! Ha Ha! Well, good luck out there!

·
Banned
47 Posts
It's my understanding this footage was shot to be used as support video during live concerts, and NOT meant to be released as a concert video. The CD release of this performance wasn't great, either, but I'll go to my grave defending BOC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts