Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you get a chance and want something for a change, Find a copy of TSO's Lost Christmas EVE. The guitar work is impeccable. The orchestra is killer and the vox are top notch.
I picked mine up in the Christmas dept of Walmart. Its packed with 23 tunes and was under 14 bucks.
14 bucks well spent IMO.
Check it out if ya want some Christmas shred with lots of balls and plenty of creativity.
Btw. my sons 1st grade music teacher is gonna shit. . she told him theres no guitars in an orchestra.... He wants to take it to class so she can hear what a "real " orchestra sounds like :icon_lol: :rock:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am a big fan of TSO.
Their other albums are great as well.
Check out "Christmas Eve and Other Stories" "The Christmas Attic" and "Beethoven's Last Night" if you have not done so.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
EVHWolf said:
I am a big fan of TSO.
Their other albums are great as well.
Check out "Christmas Eve and Other Stories" "The Christmas Attic" and "Beethoven's Last Night" if you have not done so.
I seen the box set is supposed to be out with all the cd's in it. I gotta find it somewhere.....
Thanks for replying guys. glad to know im not the only one with this kind of holiday cheer.
Keith

·
Registered
34 Posts
I saw them six days ago and they just blew me away.

I saw Lost Christmas Eve at Wal-Mart this morning, but I was thinking the boxed set had all of their Christmas discs, so I thought I'd wait and check it out.

As it turns out the boxed set, The Christmas Trilogy, is available at Amazon.com for $44.98, and has all of their Christmas CD's with it and a DVD.

Beethoven's Last Night isn't in that set.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Any of you guys give Savatage much of a listen? Many of the core members of TSO are members of Savatage and Savatage kind of became TSO...they did a few Hard Rock/Metal Operas. I have not given much of a listen and wanted to see if anyone here knew much about them. Like I said, I am a big TSO fan, have seen them live twice (this Dec will be 3)...I always said (before Sammy cam back) that I could see EVH doing something like this.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have two Savatage CD's, The Wake of Magellan and Streets: A Rock Opera. I like the Magellan CD better. I kinda got out of some of the prog-rock stuff I was listening to in the 90's (except Rush & Dream Theater) and the whole Trans Siberian Orchestra thing totally went under my radar the past few years. I am really glad My wife made me go see them a few weeks back! LOL!

As soon as I got back from the show late that night I pulled out the old Savatage CD's for a re-listen. I'm also waiting on the TSO boxed set to arrive anyday from Amazon. Can't wait to rock out with it while I open presents this coming Christmas morning! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Big, Big, fan of TSO. All three of their Christmas CD's are excellent. They put out one about Beethoven a few years ago that wasn't as good, IMO, but it still rocked.:thumb:

·
Registered
515 Posts
EVHWolf said:
Any of you guys give Savatage much of a listen? Many of the core members of TSO are members of Savatage and Savatage kind of became TSO...they did a few Hard Rock/Metal Operas. I have not given much of a listen and wanted to see if anyone here knew much about them. Like I said, I am a big TSO fan, have seen them live twice (this Dec will be 3)...I always said (before Sammy cam back) that I could see EVH doing something like this.

You should check out Nikolo Kotzev's Nostradamus, then... double CD of brilliant rock opera... with none other than Glenn Hughes, among others...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts