Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
The force is strong with this one. The VHI tone is superb! The playing is superb with that sassy edge and flair! Plus you don't put in that annoying and gratuitous "in the style of" Edwards technique that so many imitators do. Actually when you strayed from the original chops, you sounded like Clapton. -Interesting. Fantastic and refreshing post for me! What is your set up?

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Now I remember. I was wondering what happened to you. You posted that really cool cover of Outta Love last year. Did you use the JB pup for these clips. Another thing, in "Ice cream Man" when the solo really kicks in, there is that quick G string dive followed by the bar bringing up that note. Is that the A string or the E string that comes back up? It sounded exact! Oh, and what gage strings are you using?

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
strat78 said:
Now I remember. I was wondering what happened to you. You posted that really cool cover of Outta Love last year. Did you use the JB pup for these clips. Another thing, in "Ice cream Man" when the solo really kicks in, there is that quick G string dive followed by the bar bringing up that note. Is that the A string or the E string that comes back up? It sounded exact! Oh, and what gage strings are you using?
Hey Strat. Whats up. Nice to see you again. I'm still kicking. Yup, the JB's stil there. Oh, the bar thing... yeah it's the E string that comes back up. The strings, I think they're 09 - 42.:D :bannana_g

G

·
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
strat78 said:
The force is strong with this one. The VHI tone is superb! The playing is superb with that sassy edge and flair! Plus you don't put in that annoying and gratuitous "in the style of" Edwards technique that so many imitators do. Actually when you strayed from the original chops, you sounded like Clapton. -Interesting. Fantastic and refreshing post for me! What is your set up?
Like Clapton... Cool :grin: My set up: A home made strat with a heavy ash body and a two peace maple neck. The amp is a plexi superlead 100 w -67 -68, stock. One dummyload set at 8 ohm into a Power Brake set at 8 ohm ( a total load of 16 ). The cab is a 4 x 12" angled with four 25 w greenies.

·
Registered
207 Posts
"My set up: A home made strat with a heavy ash body and a two peace maple neck. The amp is a plexi superlead 100 w -67 -68, stock. One dummyload set at 8 ohm into a Power Brake set at 8 ohm ( a total load of 16 ). The cab is a 4 x 12" angled with four 25 w greenies."

Well let me tell ya, it's workin' for ya!!

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Ralle500 said:
dummyload set at 8 ohm into a Power Brake set at 8 ohm ( a total load of 16 ). The cab is a 4 x 12" angled with four 25 w greenies.
I heard the new clips, very nice! I want to get back to using my old 50W Marshal, so I'm thinking of doing the dummy load type set up. I have an old "power soak" and am wondering if this will work (or should I pick up a "hot plate"). I was thinking of puting my flanger and other effects after the dummy load. What should be the volume going from the power soak to the effects that wont explode my pedals (it goes from -3db to -32db). What should the impedance be as well. I'm thinking of picking up a 200W power amp to amplify the signal that finally goes into the cabs. Is 200W necessary? What has been your experience with this sort of set up?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts