Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got some new gear recently to help me shape my attempts at the Edge sound a little better.
this is a reeeeally old U2 song from like 1980 from the album "Boy". its kind of creepy sounding actually.lol....its one my favorites from their punk days.:D

AnCatDubh

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
This is actually stands up very well as an instrumental. It might be fun to go back over it and jam in place of the vocals. Good job on the guitar tone, the Edge has a very elusive sound, IMO.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
as ksdb says - this works as an atmospheric piece of music and stands up on its own. Excellent job MattM!

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Great tune indeed Matt!!!...Loved it!!:thumb:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the listen ksdb, gp and rain. :icon_thum

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
I loved the "Boy" album! Matt, you played it very well!! Is the new guitar a Strat? Has that Bridge pickup single coil grit to it. Very nice job man! :icon_thum

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
3fingers said:
I loved the "Boy" album! Matt, you played it very well!! Is the new guitar a Strat? Has that Bridge pickup single coil grit to it. Very nice job man! :icon_thum
thanks serg.:) nope its the same ibanez. :D fooled ya didnt i? im using the humbucker split...single coil. my new parametric EQ shaped the tone more...im still experimenting with it though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts