Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been out with a kidney stone and still have it, but I have been messing around with this tune with Pyro and this is what we came up with. I know he did alot of work as he created the backing from a MIDI and put down some killer guitar to it. When I was trying the vocals, I thought I would look up what the words meant since it's sort of obsure. Here is what I came up with from a direct quote from Bono:

"This is...this is a song about the city we grew up in. A song about Dublin city. And a song about a drug called heroin that's tearing our city in two...that's tearing the...the heart out of the city of Dublin...tearing the heart out of the city of Chicago. Rich people stuff dollars in the back of their pocket while poor men lie in gutters with needles stuck in their arms. Screw them, I say. This is a song about a friend of mine who was given on his 21st birthday enough heroin into his bloodstream to kill him. This is a song called Bad."

Thanks for listening.

http://www.guitars101.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=10482.mp3

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
This is my best song by U2, and i think you done a great job on it. sorry to hear about the kidney stone 3F :( .
great midi BT on it by the way an great playing. you have a good "edge" to your playing pyro ;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
You two guys should do more U2 songs!!!! ;)

Awesome voice 3 Fingers... and Matt, the guitar sounds great.... I think The Edge will come after you ;)

Good job guys!

:)

Ben

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Don't know this song...but there's no mistaking that it's a U2 song!!! The guitar and vocals here are both superb!!!:thumb: You both nailed that U2 vibe....well done guys!!!:bowdown:

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Wonderful !!!! Fantastic vocals and guitar, great rendition from you two one of the best i have heard,:bowdown: :bowdown: :icon_thum

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
this is making me late for work listening/typing this reply but this is fantastic!! Brilliant vox and guitar playing. I can't say much more than that - it is class!

G

·
thanks for listening and all the good comments. we both worked hard on this one...is a tough song seriously.

sergio, if we keep doing this U2 imitation, edge and bono are gonna sue us!! :lol:j/k thanks for doing this again man even though you are ill. you rock!:jam:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
This is beautiful guys!!....Pyro killa job on the guitar...tone was right on hun!...3fingers what can i say,,,your amazing...:bowdown: :bowdown: This is worth the stars!!

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Fantastic job you two! This is a high-quality recording. Excellent collaboration of two complimentary talents. (Guitar and vocals). I can't help but think that kidney stone helped bring out the pain and darkness of the vocals. :crazy:
sgstd said:
Don't know this song...but there's no mistaking that it's a U2 song!!!
I agree, but If I only had a nickel for every time you have started a post with "I Don't know this song....," I'd be able to buy a new guitar! I mean, for a guy who has a few more years of experience on many of us here, you sure seem to have missed out on a lot of good music! ;)

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Man,, this is excellent cover! Sergio,, sorry to hear about your kidney stone bro. You 2 did great on this! Sounds excellent. awesome job you 2!:rock: :rock: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Wow! You guys did a tremendous job with this one. Thank you both so much for doing my favorite U2 song. Pyro, You've really captured The Edge's guitar sound, just like a "symphony of bells". 3F: excellent Bono vibe! nailed his "smoldering" vocal style and vast range!!!! Really killer!!! Thanks again!!!

BTW: U2 played a free concert last week under the Brooklyn Bridge in my neighborhood last week and had nothing on you! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
AWESOME!!! Well done guys it sounded terrific. We use to cover this song back in the day. It is one of my favorite U2 songs. 3F I love the way you sing this, bro, it's spot on and pyro's playing is flawless...another keeper for my collection. :icon_thum

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I'm not a great fan of U2. However I am a fan of 3fingers so I decided to give this a listen :smirk:
I wasnt disappointed. Great vocals, great song, and great guitar work by pyro! Well done guys!

Actually I think I recognize this song... woo hoo :bannana_g

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Man this was totally aweosme guys, killa job!!:icon_thum :icon_thum

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you Vyse, Bckwds Traveller, SG, Linda, Goport, Rain, KC, Wiz, Scott, Twofisted, Stingx, NAZ, TJ, Bluesplayer and my buddy Pyro for making this great fun.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts