Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Calling all Brits, buy you stuf from america. HAVE YOU SEEN the exchange rate?

It nearly half, i swear you must be stupid ot to take up this offer.

I am looking to buy a Roland VG-88, I was qouted (by a roland endorsed store) that they cost £799 with a GK2A. Now insted on taking there word for it, i searched around on the net nd found this Clicky. Now that it the same thing buy £360 insted of £799. Talk about rip off britian.

I even added up the Gk3 to buy and all in it is £450. £450 insted of paying £799 with a older pickup. hocked by this i phoned the store and said that i have demolished their £799 price. As the guy was stunned he said, "we got are own guy here from Roland that deals with all this"...and? and what?

then he said "Also buying from a store you can take it back and such but on the internet it is dodgy". Well they are offering 60 day reterns. I think if there is gonna be ANY problem then I will find it in 60, hell i could find it in 30.

Plus I can register it at roland and get a guarentee. So i saved my self £350 becasue i didn't buy it from the store OR in my country.

Just make sure oyu all get everything now before the rates change.

Goodday :dance:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Actually, I know i will have to us a plug adapter for it, but will that be ok. or will i have to get a new power unit?

·
Registered
665 Posts
no offense to you what so ever...Why do people bitch about importing from different countries? Its a good thing! Buying stuff from the cheapest place is a good thing. Sure a few mom and pop stores go out of buisness. What about all of the goods so many people can buy that they couldnt buy from those stores? I never understood why people bitch about it. I cant watch cnn anymore its ridiculous. Free Trade or dumb ways :icon_peac

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I dont have a thing about free trade.. what i do have a problem with is the saying.. so a few mom and pop stores got out of business.These are the stores that pay taxes, support local communities and local musicians, they know customers by name. not a credit card or invoice number. when they go out of business your local economy loses big time. So yeah it may save you a few bucks. Just think you may be the person that wants to open a local store or business some day. Then maybe you will understand the reasoning behind people bitching.
And when your stuff takes a crap, try getting quick turn around from some dealer thats an ocean or continent away . And i dont mean 2-3 weeks as quick turn around. Most local stores of any reputation can repair or replace in a few days if not a few hours.
VB

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well this place is hardly a Mom and Pop store. LOL.

My aim is not to make them go out of business. There are two major music stores in this city, Sound Control and PMT. I hate Sound COntrol i will ever give them my moeny. I love PMT, they are the guys that are selling the VG-88 for £799. But if I can ge it for £450 then why not. I should not be ripped off. But I buy everything else rom there (amps, leads, effects other accessories)

but I wouldn't mind seeing Souncontrol to fuck off. www.soundcontrol.co.uk Spread the word, never buy from this store.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I hope you didnt take offense to what I said its just my opinion. When looking at the small buisness people yea it does suck to them but the greatest good for the greatest number is ultimately the most important thing. (IMO) If one company can sell goods at a lower cost doesnt it make sense to buy it from them? I remember saying this in a different post (sorry for bringing it up again) but those local shops can specialize in things that theyre better in like setting up instruments, repairs, etc.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bbkane said:
I hope you didnt take offense to what I said its just my opinion. When looking at the small buisness people yea it does suck to them but the greatest good for the greatest number is ultimately the most important thing. (IMO) If one company can sell goods at a lower cost doesnt it make sense to buy it from them? I remember saying this in a different post (sorry for bringing it up again) but those local shops can specialize in things that theyre better in like setting up instruments, repairs, etc.

Zakkly. Plus I save £350 to do whatever with.

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
Good deal. But debating from both sides for the economic reasoning behind such a purchase is better handled where us musicians don't have to be able to think hard about it, perhaps the Lounge? :thumb: Good discussion none the less. Personally, I look for the deal, then if I have issues I fix it myself if no one else is around, but it doesn't happen that frequently in the first place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts